Cleaning/waxing

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Cleaning/waxing

Post by Big Block Power »

3m here also. I'm not a pro by any means. I hate it to be honest with you. But I do love the biokleen polish. It goes on and off so easy. And lasts. I have to hit my boat with it this year but time isn't on my side right now. I'll wait till I'm done with the loop cruise in two weeks. Give her a good bath then polish for the final touch then enjoy it for the summer.
I'm picking up another boat this coming weekend that's going to need the buffing love. Non Cobalt though.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

What are you getting? How does the wife tolerate all this boat slinging?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Pictures in two or so days. It's the big brother to my old boat and has a big block. It's a Crownline 225 lpx. My wife is the best and doesn't care. I'm trying to pay off her truck. And get captains choice for my boat but don't tell her!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Solid choice and color... What are you doing with it?

My wife is the best and cares about everything. She gets upset if I don't tell her what I had for lunch.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sorry I have the best wife and I just told her I'm going for a long road trip to buy a boat to clean and sell it. She goes ok. 1400 miles two day run and done.

It's a 2001 Crownline 225 with a 496mag in her and a bravo 3 drive

Got her home she and my 12 year old cleaned the interior. They started yelling at each other on how to clean it so I said quiet this is my happy place and no yelling is allowed. I cleaned the exterior and still have more to go but it's looking nice. I removed all the decals wet sanding her then buff and fluff yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

That thing is pretty. Maybe boat flipping is something the wife would approve of... I'll pitch it and let you know.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Shurhold makes a product called Snap Stick for zippers, I thought what the hell, for 6 bucks I'll give it a try. A lot of my zippers on the mooring cover and the bimini were a little stiff and I thought it might make a difference. Put it on the zippers as instructed.

What a difference, all the zippers glide open and closed now with little effort. Helped to get the bimini zippers started also. I'm very pleased. Good product. It comes in a chap stick like stick and you have to be careful not to get it on the fabric, but it works really well.

I have no interest in promoting Shurhold's products, but when something works well. I thought I would share.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I got my tower back yesterday and the tech threw my a couple of polishing wheels for a drill, course and fine, he also gave me two compounds. One is black and one is white. They are like big chalk blocks when you played pool in a bar. I don't know anything about it. But I think the small scratches in my tower poles really bothered him.lol I'll let you know how they work. Yes I'll take pictures. I wanted to do it before I installed the tower but no room to store it so I'll have to do it while it's on the boat and cover the boat. Powder Crap is going to fly every where. If any of you have tips and know anything about this let me know. Thanks
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Hmm. Sounds like jewellers rouge. What kind of pads for your drill? I want to polish the SS surround on my swim deck.

Pictures pleez
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 pm Hmm. Sounds like jewellers rouge. What kind of pads for your drill? I want to polish the SS surround on my swim deck.

Pictures pleez
Yes I think that's what it is. Pictures coming even liquid gets a prop.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This vid explains the diff color of rouge and what metals to use them on. I just watched a bunch of you tube vids to help. This is the soft wheel. I also got a stiffer grinding wheel.
https://youtu.be/1z7c0aw7xqY

03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
alpemi01
Ensign
Ensign

Post by alpemi01 »

Hand wax vs mechanical buffer? I was talking to guys at a marina today and they no longer use mechanical buffer. We didn't get into details. Was just wondering thoughts...
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

I’m going to try the Hot Sauce because I hear so much about it, but I’ve had great results from Ducky’s Plus for weekly wipe downs to get water spots off, and we have terrible water that leaves spots if look at it wrong.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

akorcovelos wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:11 am I’m going to try the Hot Sauce because I hear so much about it, but I’ve had great results from Ducky’s Plus for weekly wipe downs to get water spots off, and we have terrible water that leaves spots if look at it wrong.
How does it smell Akor?

I love everything about Hot Sauce except that vinegar smell. You kinda get used to it but others helping to wipe down the boat always mention it.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AsLan7 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 am
akorcovelos wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:11 am I’m going to try the Hot Sauce because I hear so much about it, but I’ve had great results from Ducky’s Plus for weekly wipe downs to get water spots off, and we have terrible water that leaves spots if look at it wrong.
How does it smell Akor?

I love everything about Hot Sauce except that vinegar smell. You kinda get used to it but others helping to wipe down the boat always mention it.
I don't think you ever get used to it. ☢️
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!