Volvo impeller

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Volvo impeller

Post by Big Block Power »

Well doing some things on my list before the season starts. I got my impeller changed. Not knowing when it was done last I just needed a base line. I knew it's been done just from the marks on the bolts. Impeller looked good nothing missing. So don't have to go chasing for chunks. The bracket that prevents the impeller from spinning is supposed to have this rubber block on the end of it. Well mine turned to a blob of rubber goo. I guess they had some rubber problem and they didn't hold up. It can make a mess of your not careful and b to clean up. I caught it last week when I was nosing around. More things to post tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
lilhackster
Commander
Commander

Re: Volvo impeller

Post by lilhackster »

I will be checking mine next couple of weeks, schedule to be dropped in lake michigan end of april, did you buy the volvo or did you do aftermarket? how many hours were on the one you took out? mine were suposedly done before I bought it, so I have 1 full season on them if they were replaced, plus I carry a spare onboard, one of the easiest things to change, thank you volvo
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Could change these in a half hour easy if needed to. It was a Volvo one. Came with the oring and Volvo impeller lube. I have no idea when it was replaced.that's why I did change it. I needed a base line. So far from what I can tell the PO did a very good job maintaining this boat. Check that rubber boot on the end of the bracket before you take it off in case you need two of them. If there melted bring gloves and and brake cleaner.
For $30 I'll change it every year. Not sure why the old impeller vanes were not all pointed in the same direction though. They should have self corrected themselves.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

I do mine every other year. Or I have it changed every other year.

Stupid thing to not get done and have go.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL