Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Upholstery Cleaner

Post by Big Block Power »

hoghead54 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 am
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 pm
Driller wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Used Hot Sauce all last year with great results. Lake Travis here in Austin is a limestone lake. Lots of hard water. Wiped it down with Hot Sauce after most outings. No water spots. A couple of other Cobalt owners on the lake asked what I was using, they were impressed.

It's quick as easy. Spray on wipe off. Done. Only down side is the smell. Seems to have a vinegar base with some kind of wax sealers. Some owners have stated they needed to wear gloves, but I have never had any irritation from the Sauce. Leaves a clean lasting shine.

For hardwater lakes I definitely recommend.
Sorry I must have taken his question wrong in regards to hot sauce. I was thinking there vinyl cleaner. That's what I think AJ did not like.
I use hot sauce all the time. Love it but the smell is terrible. I wear gloves only because I hate the smell on my hands, I have had no irritation from it. I just bought another gallon for next year. I rarely wash my boat anymore I just use hot sauce after I pull it from the water. I use bio kleen for cleaning the interior. Sorry for any confusion. BB
No confusion. My post was a little vague. It was about vinyl and the hull. I know a guy that used the hot sauce on his vinyl that was starting to crack and sprayed it on and left it for a couple of hours then wiped it off and said it softened it up and hasn't had any trouble with cracking since. I'll try hot sauce on the hull when the time comes, like driller we have heavy mineral water here also so i'll need something to help keep the water spots off.

I wouldn't use hot sauce on my vinyl. I would use there vinyl conditioner and cleaner. If your hull is real bad now hot sauce wont help much. After wet sand and buff yes. Starbrite hull cleaner is real good.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
hoghead54
Captain
Captain

Re: Upholstery Cleaner

Post by hoghead54 »

Yea...I don't think anything but wet sand and a workout with a buffer is going to help my hull but after words....😎. That guy didn't say what kind of sauce he used on his vinyl.