If the forum displays incorrectly, please try clearing your browser cache or reloading the web page!

IAC valves for gm engines.

Big Block Power
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

IAC valves for gm engines.

Post by Big Block Power » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:59 pm

My boat kept wanting to stall coming off plane and when going to dock and started hard. I had a spare iac valve from one of my previous boats. I keep a spare. They fail to often. It seems like most of the gm engines use the same valve. I didn't pay $170 for it I paid about $12 for it. If you look up AC147 iac valve they pop up. My last one lasted over two years and worked great till I sold the boat and I'm sure it's still working. I figured was worth a try or else I would have bought one from our gm dealership. They are much cheaper than a Marine one. They do make a Ford style valve also that fail on a regular basis also. I don't know the part number for that. Installed it today in 5 minutes worked perfectly.
2003 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi
Neenah Wi

jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: IAC valves for gm engines.

Post by jhnmdahl » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am

Looks like these idle air control valves are around $50 at the super-discount places, so a new one for $12 is a steal.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boat forum

Big Block Power
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: IAC valves for gm engines.

Post by Big Block Power » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Yea that's why I bought 2 of them.I thought they have to be junk and cheap enough to try. When you compare them they look identical. So I tried it and never had to replace it again. So what the Heck. Normally you get what you pay for.
2003 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi
Neenah Wi