Motorvac your 5.7

Nicad
Commander
Commander

Motorvac your 5.7

Post by Nicad »

I know in my cars I have had some good results doing a Motorvac (or other FI system cleaning ) service done at about 60,000 miles intervals. In one case I bought a Subaru Legacy with 100,000 miles that was very constipated and it ran like a champ afterwards. Since boats do not usually do too much low RPM running not sure they get very carboned up. I know where I am I expect they did a lot of 5 minute runs vs hour long runs. Anyway, as far as I can see no one on my lake offers this service. Has anyone performed this on their engine and noticed an improvement?

Tia
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Motorvac your 5.7

Post by Big Block Power »

Motor vac. Haven't heard that one I a awhile. We use all BG products now. I don't think it would hurt. I use there pour in 41K additive. The only thing I'm worried about is the paint inside of the fuel pump on a Volvo. So I'm a bit shy about this. That $100 service or $15 can could cost you $800 pump. My 2 cents.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Nicad
Commander
Commander

Post by Nicad »

Do the BG products bypass the fuel pump?. That last time I had this service done, the system was called Terra Clean.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Bg and motorvac connect to the rail I believe. but you still run the additive through the tank.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!