Marker One discontinued production

wadedekoning
Ensign
Ensign

Marker One discontinued production

Post by wadedekoning » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to the group and I am looking for some information. I have previously owned a 2007 232, 2011 242, and currently own a 2017 Marker One ML4. I am wondering if anyone in this group knows anything about Marker Ones being discontinued. I was talking to a sales rep for a boat dealership at the Kansas City Boat Show and he said that they have ended the Marker One line after Malibu purchased Cobalt. Being an owner of one I am curious for more information. Thanks in advance for everyones input!

AsLan7
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Marker One discontinued production

Post by AsLan7 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 pm

wadedekoning wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm
Hello everyone. I'm new to the group and I am looking for some information. I have previously owned a 2007 232, 2011 242, and currently own a 2017 Marker One ML4. I am wondering if anyone in this group knows anything about Marker Ones being discontinued. I was talking to a sales rep for a boat dealership at the Kansas City Boat Show and he said that they have ended the Marker One line after Malibu purchased Cobalt. Being an owner of one I am curious for more information. Thanks in advance for everyones input!
Hey, welcome to the Cobalt Chat forum, wadedekoning. So glad you found us!!!

I have not heard or come across that information you mentioned regarding Marker One discontinuation. I'll see what else I can dig up. A few others will chime in on that as well.

Btw, it is still advertised heavily on the Cobalt site:
http://markerone.com/ML2/index.php#.WmlHzainFPY

Any chance you would want to post a picture of yours? We don't get your type 'round here very often. You're very unique! (maybe that's why it will be discontinued....just too unique). :D

Anyways, Welcome aboard mate!
Attachments
Welcome Cobalt Owner.jpg
Welcome Cobalt Owner.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 151 times
2005 Cobalt 263
425 HP Merc MagHO
will fly for food

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 pm

I don't see anything either.
By the way welcome from Wisconsin :-)
2003 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi
"Kids in Tow"
"Pot The Jus"
Neenah Wi

wadedekoning
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wadedekoning » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:30 pm

IMG-6071.JPG
IMG-6071.JPG (272.71 KiB) Viewed 129 times

AsLan7
Admiral
Admiral

Post by AsLan7 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:39 am

Hey great pic. 👍🏻
And the Magnum trailer matches nicely with some very cool wheels & convenient front stair. Quality product.

How does your Marker One run being pushed by the Yammie?
300 HP?
Curious about your impressions on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) of the quality, convenience features, & ride?

....& since Tuscany is a cult follower of Nick Saban, he might have some questions as well. :D
2005 Cobalt 263
425 HP Merc MagHO
will fly for food

Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:56 am

Welcome from Oklahoma! Nice boat!

Last week in Scottsdale I saw a display that Bennington had of their pontoons and was very impressed. I'm normally not a fan, but these suckers were REALLY nice and had some very innovative features. They all had large "on the water" swimdecks, even the models with 350 hp outboards. And arches, and lounges, and full windshields. The very distinctive interior layouts was very cool. It was the first time I've considered owning a pontoon.

It may be in the plans for Cobalt to discontinue the Marker One line, but I can't imagine why. It seems to the build would be much more cost effective than a fiberglass hull boat while still charging a huge premium to the consumer. These Benningtons were $120,000 to $140,000. I just dont see it.

There is no way they could have as much labor in the build, and it seems everything would be much easier to install. But who knows what the corporate bean counters come up with?

Anyway, that's a nice boat you have. How is the interior laid out? What do you like about It? What do you dislike? How do you like it compared to your previous Cobalts? How is the handling? Any regrets? Would you buy one again?

Again, glad you found us and Welcome to Cobalt Chat!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
2003 240 BR, 5.7 320 GXI (for sale)
From the Land of the Red Man

Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:17 am

Chautauqua Lake is pontoon city. Always calm water and a very relaxed and laid back lifestyle there. Just tons of them, and our local Cobalt dealer is also a Bennington dealership. They’ve never stocked a Marker One, which is puzzling.

I’m with you YT, I would call a pontoon boat at half the cost of a fiberglass hulled boat.. just as you said, some of them command mid 100s..🤔
I’ve wondered who Cobalt built Pontoons. That’s a tough market to break in to, with a ton of established competition.
2017 Cobalt R7
6.2 Navy Blue.