This or That???

Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Re: This or That???

Post by Skiingstrongman »

If we had the space to store it here I wouldn't even think of putting it in the wet slip. I know that out of cobalt they usually use Eagle so I was making the assumption I could just contact eagle and ask for the trailer that they make for Cobalt for whatever year and model.

Ton's of decisions haha that's why I'm here for the help. Appreciate all the feedback so far guys I do.

Ended up going down to the marina today actually to look some things over. Unfortunately halfway up it started down pouring so we didn't get to go out to the docks to check out the boats just what was in the show room. Definitely leaning towards the A25 now we think. The head on the R5 was a little tight and it seems like the space would be better utilized in other ways. Plus the styling of the A25 really catches the eye.

Got to see a gray boot stripe/navy side color scheme today on a different boat. Really sharp.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Yes eagle trailers are real nice.I have a heritage and so far love it. It hasn't loaded crooked yet. It's been really windy the last couple of days and I was worried it would not be fun loading it but I'm getting it down to where I get the bunks in at the correct depth. I drive it on and it stays in place. I just back the trailer in and then the wife jumps in the driver's seat and I go get the boat drive it on the trailer and winch it on the last six inches or so and she pulls us out of the water. I never get wet just stand on the trailer. Pretty quick.I would also look at load master trailer good trailer good price.my dealer buddy here uses them allot. Really the trailer choice comes from what the dealers like too.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

The Cobalt dealer up here uses EZ Loader custom trailers for the Cobalt boats they sell, and I think it's great. Plenty of high quality options to choose from whenever you decide to shop around.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

John I saw in the pictures thread you have one of the folding biminis is yours electric or manual? I haven't operated one yet how do they work?
Jsmithcds
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jsmithcds »

Do not rule out the grey with black boot. It is a great choice. Hydro swim platform is worth it's price. Sea grass is the way to go on the interior vs carpet. No need for satellite if you load up the I phone with play lists. Get the upgraded sound system. I skipped the sea deck on the platform for now. I always hate the crud that builds up around the edges. Also it gets hot on the feet if you get a darker teak color. One can always have it installed later. I was in between the r7 and the a28. Went the A28 route and love it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very sharp. I wouldn't have thought of that combo.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Jsmithcds
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jsmithcds »

Keep an eye out for it on Winnebago. She sits in a boat house in the Fond du lac Harbor. Frequent visits up your way although mostly up the river in Oshkosh and the Cove. Always looking for a good spot to eat up that direction via boat.......
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

That is actually a combination I thought of. I was thinking gray bimini might be a little more forgiving with the sun and gray mooring cover the same. That is a beautiful boat, I'm not ordering tomorrow and I don't mind hand me downs. :D :D :D
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

My blue binimi and every cover I've has was dark and never had any issues with them.
Jsmith I boat mostly butte des morts. Run up the Fox to Omro or run to winneconnie. My old 220 is at lake side park. Or eat in the channel in oshkosh. We will run to Stockbridge quite a bit. If you don't like crowds like stretchs we go across from skipper buds called sunset point by the weed beds. It's three feet deep and all sand. We will watch the eaa just before stretches. Just look for the name on the back of my boat. I'll watch for you too. Welcome to the forum.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Skiingstrongman wrote:John I saw in the pictures thread you have one of the folding biminis is yours electric or manual? I haven't operated one yet how do they work?
Mine is manual - I couldn't see paying extra for a motor to tip it up and down. In a nutshell, unscrew a big knob on each side of the arch, and it tips easily forward by hand until it's just above the windshield. We've done it to get under bridges before, and will likely use it in the future to fit in a garage if we move in the future (we store offsite now). I think it's great, and wouldn't change it. It makes a nice, sturdy support for the bimini that it comes with as well.

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Jsmithcds
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jsmithcds »

I went with the power arch. As John said manual arch is plenty easy as well. The bimini top makes the arch worth having alone. It is a fantastic and easy top to deploy once you figure it out. Also performs perfect at high speeds without a rattle or an issue.

Did you order?
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

I'm in research mode right now, will be a bit before I order. Waiting for the partner to finish school up first. I'm the type of person that will research every little detail in advance. You should have seen me beating the crap out of the dealer when I got my last car haha there's an on water boat show by me in September so I plan on going there and talking to them there.
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Jsmith - That thing is sick. really sharp looking combo.

SkiingStrong - Take your time. Figure out exactly what you want and scour the inter webs. When i say it took a few years and endless research to find what i wanted, it did. There's a lot to be said for going to the dealer and ordering exactly what you want but there are a TON of beautiful boats out there that are waiting to find the right owner.

I've found this specifically with Cobalts - people with $$$ that buy a boat, doesn't work out for whatever reason and they move on, selling at discounts (not sizable as Cobalts seem to hold value more so than most). Every once in a while if your patient a boat will fall in your lap.

Stay vigilant!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Also I have an Eagle trailer and love it. Thing just feels diesel. Really well built.

I do have those stupid post guides that the previous owner installed on it that I haven't gotten around to removing. They bother me but not enough to take out a socket yet.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

liquid wrote:
SkiingStrong - Take your time. Figure out exactly what you want and scour the inter webs. When i say it took a few years and endless research to find what i wanted, it did. There's a lot to be said for going to the dealer and ordering exactly what you want but there are a TON of beautiful boats out there that are waiting to find the right owner.

Stay vigilant!
That's the plan girlfriend is in school for a while so at this point just going and doing as much research as possible, talking to as many people as possible and searching to see what's out there. If the right boat fell on my lap I would have no reservations with that. There's a beautiful R5 WSS at the local dealer, $160K brand new guy put 14 hours on it and traded it in. Took a $50K hit without blinking. This part of the country has an abundance of those people you mentioned. To tell you the truth if I was ready to pull the trigger today I would be strongly considering this as an option.