So where would you go boating on vacation if you get the chance. Fresh water :-)

liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: So where would you go boating on vacation if you get the chance. Fresh water :-)

Post by liquid »

It's ridiculous. Google image search it, it's full of picture just like that.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
TwoBurgers
Commander
Commander

Re: So where would you go boating on vacation if you get the chance. Fresh water :-)

Post by TwoBurgers »

Wow! I've never seen a seven figure boat house before. :) I would love to see the boats inside...
I hate to admit it, but the water you guys have up north puts what we have in Virginia to shame. I boat exclusively in Lake Anna which is a manmade lake created to cool a nuclear plant. Water visibility is usually 4 to 6 feet, which is pretty good around here. I have been looking at property on Smith Mountain Lake, which is larger and cleaner, but that's a few years away. My Dad always said, looking is cheap, buying is the expensive part. :lol:
Chris
'13 Cobalt 232 - Merc 350 Mag MPI - B3 w/ Simrek drive shower
'17 Yamaha GP 1800 - Riva S/C Intake and Stage 1 plus re-flash
'07 Honda F-12X GPScape - MACSBoost module and IC
'13 Toyota 4Runner Limited - AirLift air bags
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Where in Lake Anna? I grew up with my parents owning a place on the lake in Bumpass. We didn't have the boat down there it stayed in CT but we fished off the docs all the time and would go out on a friends pontoon.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Not all lashes up here are clean.Our main ones I use maybe a foot visibility.lol
We are going to Lake Minocqua this July and it's a good 20ft visibility. Can't wait my fav place in Wisconsin.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
TwoBurgers
Commander
Commander

Post by TwoBurgers »

Skiingstrongman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:09 pm Where in Lake Anna? I grew up with my parents owning a place on the lake in Bumpass. We didn't have the boat down there it stayed in CT but we fished off the docs all the time and would go out on a friends pontoon.
I started taking my ski to LKA in '13. This will be the third year I take the boat there. I use the Sturgeon Creek Marina (the public side) because it has a ski only area and the boat ramps are wide and I can tie the boat off and park my truck without issue. I like to spend the whole day on the water - anchoring just above the state park or near the lower volleyball net. There are several good restaurants, but I frequent Tim's and The No-Wake Zone.
The only down side to LKA is that it can get crazy busy on the weekends.
'13 Cobalt 232 - Merc 350 Mag MPI - B3 w/ Simrek drive shower
'17 Yamaha GP 1800 - Riva S/C Intake and Stage 1 plus re-flash
'07 Honda F-12X GPScape - MACSBoost module and IC
'13 Toyota 4Runner Limited - AirLift air bags
vans
Captain
Captain

Post by vans »

Nice list!
Ive been to Torch and Higgins many times, both beautiful
I reccomend the Inland Waterway, Indian River MI, Burt and Mullet Lakes, awesome boating
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

Just discovered a place on the map that I really want to visit

Lake Charlevoix / Round Lake MI.

Round lake sits in between Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan (all three connected). Lots of places to eat / shop right off the lake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Wow
That looks very cool, ajcampen. Would love to do some boating and water sports in that lake—in the summer of course. 😎👍🚤💦
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

I've been there but without the boat. Would love to run across Michigan and spend some time there with the boat
2018 r5
2003 220
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

Bfun220 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm I've been there but without the boat. Would love to run across Michigan and spend some time there with the boat
How far would that be? Would it ever be safe? You prob need lilhacksters boat
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

ajcampen wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 pm
Bfun220 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm I've been there but without the boat. Would love to run across Michigan and spend some time there with the boat
How far would that be? Would it ever be safe? You prob need lilhacksters boat
If I remember right, it's around 70 miles. With proper planning and running with a second boat i think it would be safe.
2018 r5
2003 220
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

2018 r5
2003 220
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I was looking at getting a place to stay there last year vbro. It looks like there is plenty to do around that area also.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

That looks very cool AJ.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

All you guys and your connected lakes...I'm a little jealous over here :)
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4