Boat Show Season

Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Boat Show Season

Post by Skiingstrongman »

The prime time for boat show season is starting up seeing as most of the guys here are winterized right now. Anybody planning on going to any?

We have 3 going on here close to each other.
There's NY boat show the last week of January I will definitely be attending.
Then the Hartford(CT) show and the Boston show are the same weekend. The Hartford show will probably be the same dealers or mostly the same from the NY show so I would like to go to Boston if the business schedule can accommodate. Otherwise I'll go to Hartford to check out the vendors as the services vendors should be more diverse since it's significantly cheaper to get in. Might run into some small business owners, diamond in the rough types. Being a small business owner myself I like supporting these guys when I can.
Atlantic City is the first week of March which is the GFs Birthday I might be able to swing that instead of February if we turn it into a birthday weekend.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Boat Show Season

Post by jhnmdahl »

I'm likely going to the Minneapolis one - I've been the last three years and it helps break up the winter a bit :)
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

John how is that show?
I'll prob go to the Milwaukee boat show. It's not a bad show just something to do on a Saturday. Not really interested in anything. I just like seeing the new big OB and new engine tech. Might might go to the Chicago show. Have to see what is in the plans when time comes.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Bogblock, it has a handful of stuff in the 30-40 foot range, but more aluminum lake fishing boats than I knew existed. I have to imagine Chicago is in another class, and even Milwaukee may have more larger boats due to being on Lake Michigan.

That said, I can always spend several hours poking around, and all the well-known manufacturers in the under 30 foot range have booths there. We've gone on a weekday evening to cut down on the crazy kids crawling all over everything, and I enjoy it whether in the market or not. They do have a website: http://www.minneapolisboatshow.com/

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I haven't been to the Chicago show in a very long time. I think 2004ish. Went to Milwaukee last year. It was a good show. Chicago is this coming weekend. I don't think I'll make it. Gordys offered me tickets to either one. Prob hit Milwaukee one.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

We are going to the international boat show in Toronto. Cobalt says it's the best show in North America.
My wife and I are coming home with an order placed,..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
lilhackster
Commander
Commander

Post by lilhackster »

I will be attending the show in chi. on Saturday the 14th... did Milwaukee last year a lot of pontoons and ski boats, a couple of bigger like over 40, not many, any one need pictures of anything let me know. I will see what cobalt has and try to get some pictures and will post
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

Tuscany - I was thinking about going to the toronto show. When are you planning on going?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I just got back home from the Toronto show.

The Cobalt display was great.
They had an R7 WSS sport in the air where you could walk under the boat.
They had a couple R3s, an R5, a pair of R7s, an R35, a 25sc, a bunch of the gateway boats, a couple of the large cruisers and I'm sure I'm missing a few models.
In fact, all boat companies had incredible displays.

I really don't know how you can top this show, anywhere...
Just huge.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Um your forgetting something? What did you order and pictures.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I'm not a picture person, but I think my son took a fair share.
I'm someone who has never purchased a new boat, and never thought I would. Short seasons and overall ridiculous expense for seasonal use. Anyway, after sitting in a Cobalt, it's hard to say no. I thought I might consider an R5 and save a little, but after a side by side comparison, we definitely like the R7. I guess when you are spending that much to begin with, we might as well bite the bullet and get something we will be happy with for years to come.

Anyway, we looking to order the R7 this week when our dealer comes back.
VP 380
Blue on blue with white boot.
Tahoe interior, canvas, bow filler, sea grass, dual batts with charger, stereo upgrade with rear speakers, folding Bimini, led interior with fob, electric head, dinette, SS foot helm tread, and a few more odds and ends.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Guys, What are the opinions of trim tabs?
I'm not worried about side to side adjustment, I'm more concerned about how effective they would be in chop and slow mph plane.
My dealer says they are unnecessary on this boat this size because they won't change enough to warrant cost. The Cobalt rep says basically the same, and this goes against what I've come up with on google. Obviously I take a google search with a grain of salt.
I tend to rely on the experts, but I would like some experienced input from you guys, who seem to be very measured and experienced on how Cobalt boats behave.
Thanks.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I know a guy with a R5 that did not have them and added them and just loves them. He wish he had them from the start. It helped the boat in every way. I personally would buy them from the factory as well. I would look at the R3 and I think I would even put them on that. If I could have had smart tabs on my 200 I would have put them on that but the hull was too rounded in the rear. That little boat was a pig to get out of the hole at times. My 220 no issues at all.I'll try to find the link of when he installed them but it's on another forum.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I think I'm going to add them. Better to spend a little more now than wishing I had them..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's the right thing to do.if you don't think you need them you leave them up.of the boat is loaded or it's rough out put them down. I don't think you will regret it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!