CS1 & CS3 on sale?

TwoBurgers
Commander
Commander

Re: CS1 & CS3 on sale?

Post by TwoBurgers »

On the upside, at least Cobalt will not be forced to power with only Merc OB's like Boston Whaler. Most Edgewater's and Pursuit's I've seen came with Yamaha power.
I've taken an Edgewater 335 Express out a few times - rides nice and will hit 51 MPH with two 350's. For what it's worth, I feel the higher-end competition is greater for saltwater orientated boats than lake boats.
C
'13 Cobalt 232 - Merc 350 Mag MPI - B3 w/ Simrek drive shower
'17 Yamaha GP 1800 - Riva S/C Intake and Stage 1 plus re-flash
'07 Honda F-12X GPScape - MACSBoost module and IC
'13 Toyota 4Runner Limited - AirLift air bags
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Is there really anything else but!!! :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I don't think Cobalt has a choice here.
The industry is moving towards outboards. Take a look at where the competition is going when developing new offerings..

Every day, 6,000 baby boomers are retiring. Some of them have money. They will be retiring where the weather is beautiful. Chances are it will be in south Florida, or any southern gulf State where boating is incredible.
Cobalt and others are preparing for the coming sales of salt water boats to the growing list of retirees.

If the R7 was available with a 400hp outboard, I might have opted that way. We have a house in southwest Florida , and an outboard would have been the perfect compromise. In our case, we made a choice. We are Lake boaters at heart. If we get the bug down there, there are plenty of places to rent a boat from, and I'll be happy to let them take care of the salt flush.

I can see Cobalt being a HUGE player with an outboard R30/35.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine