New R7

Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Re: New R7

Post by Tuscany »

liquid wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 pm It can rain until Friday at noon. Then I'm on vacation.
Good for you! Enjoy the vacation.
The weekend looks great. Unfortunately for me, I have to drive to D.C. on Saturday and bring my daughter back home :|
But I'll be back on Sunday!

Thanks Ytsmn, I definitely had one fall my way with this deal..
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Tuscany I agree with you on the engine noise being more than you would expect. That's why I really haven't thought much about captain call on mine. They bark pretty good. I want to get a vid of mine doing a fly by to see how loud it actually is. But too much crap going on lately to get that done. I will say putting the cap cover in front of the air intake made a huge difference in noise. Mostly air sucking noise.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Did you see Cobalt has what's called a Captains Call "plus" that includes some sort of muffler system?
That would be the deal, but it's another $1,100 on top of the regular CC.

I bet THAT would sound perfect. Deep, throaty, rear exit and cool. I could never find a video for a sound clip, so I didn't chance it. Could have been a waste of money. My wife would have not been on board with anything loud, and it's very loud right now. It seems like the noise is exhaust related, and general engine noise. The motorbox is insulated to the Max, but still not enough.

I don't know, IMO, a wide open system is out of place on a family boat. To me, nothing is more embarrassing than a fat Sea Ray Sundeck with a side exit CC. Kind of like headers and a glass pack on a Chevy Caprice. But with a nice deep QUIETER CC sound on a Cobalt, it may be perfect.

BTW, how are you doing?
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

I think the side exits belong on the Chris Crafts and that's about it. No reason for it on a family boat.

How's the plumbing BB?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I love the sound of it going out the back on start up from under the platform and getting on plane. Can't hear it that much from inside the boat when under way. I was thinking of getting engine insulation that's foiled backed and lining the compartment lid. I think it's loud because of where it exits on a Volvo. The 5.7 isn't that quiet either. Much louder than a merc system.

Plumbing well that sucks. They couldn't get to the stone so he left a stent in me and you have to pee every twenty minutes with a knife jamming you in the back where your kidney is and a knife jamming the end of my Johnson. So he's going back in next Wednesday to blast it up. It's going to be a long week. I can say oxicodin doesn't even touch the pain when you pee. Can't feel my feet but I can feel the knife. Thanks though guys.

YT has been drinking again or the heat is getting to him he's been texting and ripping on Mr.Johnson.
You know it's bad when you don't even want to look at your boat or do garage boating.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Well, I wish we could help..
Just watch some Jerry Springer whiile you're buzzed and laid up. You know, a white trash 110 lb toothless man with two 400 lb. tattooed up slobs fist fighting over him.
That should make you laugh it off a little... :D

If anything, it will always remind you that most have it worse...
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 am YT has been drinking again or the heat is getting to him he's been texting and ripping on Mr.Johnson.
You know it's bad when you don't even want to look at your boat or do garage boating.lol
I'm sorry, but that made me lol.
Hang in there, hope you get well soon.
2018 r5
2003 220
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 am I love the sound of it going out the back on start up from under the platform and getting on plane. Can't hear it that much from inside the boat when under way. I was thinking of getting engine insulation that's foiled backed and lining the compartment lid. I think it's loud because of where it exits on a Volvo. The 5.7 isn't that quiet either. Much louder than a merc system.

Plumbing well that sucks. They couldn't get to the stone so he left a stent in me and you have to pee every twenty minutes with a knife jamming you in the back where your kidney is and a knife jamming the end of my Johnson. So he's going back in next Wednesday to blast it up. It's going to be a long week. I can say oxicodin doesn't even touch the pain when you pee. Can't feel my feet but I can feel the knife. Thanks though guys.

YT has been drinking again or the heat is getting to him he's been texting and ripping on Mr.Johnson.
Do you have a CC on your boat?
I didn't realize that. I could have gotten some sound clips from you. Cobalt really needs to post some clips on their site if they want to sell this stuff.
If I would have heard the muffler CC, I might have bitten on it.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No I don't have it either. It just blows my mind someone would order my boat without it. I have heard some with it. Just sounds super nice. Yes it's not for everybody. The lakes we have here are plenty big and there are way way bigger boats then ours out there. So the noise isn't confined on a small lake area. I know cobalt caters to a different crowd. If this engine was in a baja it would have it not even a option.
Did you try to go to the Corsa web site? They may have a sample vid?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

I didn't realize you had it either. We're going to need to hear it now to make an informed decision.

As far as the plumbing - I'm sorry to hear that pal. I was hoping you'd be through the worst of it today. We'll have to keep posting to keep morale up!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

BB I think that sucking sound you hear from your engine is gasoline being pulled out of the tank from that big ass motor!

And y'all, I had asked BB if he was at work today. He said purple would complain. He meant to say people but I still laughed! Sorry BB, will are pulling for you! (no pun intended)
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I wasn't able to find squat about the Captains Call Plus.
i thought if I heard one, I could add it later. After hearing what I got, its loud enough.

Dos big blocks tho... they do sound nice...
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yea I would prob agree it's loud enough. I know if I was picking out options for a new boat there would be no doubt it would have Captains choice on it. I would really like to see how these new engines are performing. It's just a great feeling when you hit the throttle and the boat jumps forward and just pulls. It puts a grin on your face from ear to ear.
Again YT is really trying to keep this family oriented.lol.
I think it has something to do with wood it would turn purple.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

I'm not sure it's written anywhere that we keep it clean... I think we just always have.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very true. I really don't think there's anyone on here that would care. it's not like anything is past PG
I did name going to pee a peegasm :-) I never said oh god so many times.lol and that's not in a good way.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!