Ceramic Pro detailing products

tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Ceramic Pro detailing products

Post by tgrace98 »

Hello fellow Cobalt Chatters. Have any of you used the Ceramic Pro detailing products? I found myself talking to a detail shop yesterday at the Springfield MO lake life expo and was really impressed by some of these products. Especially their leather or vinyl protection. As someone that has had to replace the interior on 3 boats now I know how expensive that gets and I'd love to keep the original as long as I can. The guy I talked to spends a lot of time at the Marina I will be keeping my boat at so I might have him do the interior and see how I like it then maybe next season have him do the exterior. But everything comes with an 18 month warranty and once it is applied you just hose off the seats or wipe them down

Here is a link to their site

http://ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/product-scope/scope/10/
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Ceramic Pro detailing products

Post by Table Rockin »

So is this like rainex for boats? Cost?

Ill be happy to inspect your results. Thanks for being the guinea pig 😁
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Pristine Marine Yacht Detailing is who does it at the Harbor. He says its 20 bucks a linear foot. I'm at the least going to have him do my interior. With my boat being 16 years old I am a little worried about the seats starting to crack.
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

$20 per linear foot....would it then be $40 per linear foot if you did both interior and exterior? Does it require professional application?
"The Mistress"
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

the 20 bucks per foot is them doing it including the products. I have no idea how much the actual product costs or if it has to be professionally installed. Why I'm phishing to see if anyone has used it.

I plan on getting a quote to do the interior and the whole exterior once I get my boat down there.
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Some car guys love this stuff, and others reason that a good synthetic wax over a clearcoat is the right solution for them. Either way, it's important to note that the ceramic part is nanoparticles that stay nanoparticles suspended in the polymer coating - i.e. you don't get any sort of ceramic-like scratch resistance from the products as they don't form a homogeneous ceramic layer when cured.

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

I bought some of the Adams ceramic coat product when I was in Scottsdale to try. A good friend that does auto detail told me that's all he uses now. He doesnt use wax at all anymore. So I'm going to try a test patch on the hull. I did the same thing last summer with Adams H2O and that stuff you see on FB. Adams worked better.

I'm not sure about the vinyl though. If it works better then yeah... but be sure to check the UV protection rating. It may be slick, clean, bla bla bla but if it seals the vinyl like it seals the paint it may cause more damage over time.

The Adams rep told me you pretty much need to clean and strip any wax or sealer before it is applied to be most effective on painted surfaces. . If you're sealing out any conditioner on vinyl... Well, you see where I'm going.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

yep that is my exact worry! The company I have been talking to does a lot of work at the Harbor (TRL Cobalt dealer) and that is where I keep my boat so maybe I will ask around there to see what they think. But I still need to do my own research
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I just got a free bottle of this detailer to try so I'll let you know what I think. It smells like bananas.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Well I got a quote to have someone do this for me. And they want 1700 bucks to do the entire exterior and interior. Needless to say I am going to be waxing like the rest of you guys!
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

Holy shit.....yea....me too
"The Mistress"
gdane
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by gdane »

T Grace, WTF?? For that amount what do you gain? Lifetime durability?
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Ceramic coating is essentially rainx for your fiberglass. It is huge in the auto detailing world and is just now starting to make its way to marine. So by doing this you essentially would never have to wax your boat again. Just spray it off with a hose or wipe it down after every drive if you are on a clean body of water. Also helps protect the boat agains uv damage. Then on your interior it repels any liquid and prevents against uv damage. It is an awesome idea. It is an absolute PITA to apply and especially with my boat being lift kept 24x7x365 I really wanted to get this done. But I can't stomach the 1700 bucks they quoted me. Especially on an already 16 year old boat.
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Sorry that's crazy. Unless they have some kind of warranty on it. Which I would think that's what your paying for. I'll keep wrong my own down. I used the spray detailer it was ok. I'll see how it goes for awhile.I like trying diff things. And it was free.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

tgrace98 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am So by doing this you essentially would never have to wax your boat again. Just spray it off with a hose or wipe it down after every drive if you are on a clean body of water.
Is that their claim? Is this true? Last year I paid someone like $350/400 to detail my boat so I guess over a period of 4 years or so it would be cost beneficial to do this. I just am skeptical of it lasting a lifetime. RainX doesnt last forever thats for sure. Of course, if it really did last that long it would likely be worth it to me. Thats really the only thing i DONT like about being on a lift....its just harder to keep clean. You dont have the angles/leverage you do when its on a trailer and the bow is hard to reach.
"The Mistress"