Long Winter In Colorado

goingcamping
Ensign
Ensign

Long Winter In Colorado

Post by goingcamping »

Howdy all Members...

I was steered here by what I've gathered is the owner/moderator for this forum?!

Anyway, I'm a first time Cobalt owner from Colorado Springs. I have a 2003 220 with the VP 5.7 GXi with a DPS.

Purchased the boat last weekend in Algonquin, Il.

I've had it on the water a whopping 30 minutes in a small, city lake here in Colo. Spgs. I am smitten.

The 220 is my 3rd boat. I had a 1982 Baja 18BR with a 200HP Mercury OB and I currently have a 1996 Chris Craft Concept 18 with a the VP 5.0FL and SX.

I particularly loved the style of the 220...I've always loved the classic lines and quality associated with Cobalt brand, so when I went looking, there were only a few choices. I have limited storage accommodations and have to trailer to ever lake, along with my camper, so I was limited by the wife's tow rating and storage (to a point).

Here she is in all her glory...

Thanks for looking.

~Brett
mluters
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Long Winter In Colorado

Post by mluters »

Congratulations on the new Cobalt...it's a great looking boat you have there. The pictures make it look like it was very well cared for and with very little usage.

I was in your shoes last year at this time...I have now had my 262 for a full year and I'm really enjoying the Cobalt ride and quality. I'm already thinking about spring and winter isn't even here yet!
2011 Cobalt 262 WSS 8.1 HO Volvo Penta 420HP
Lake Mohave
Lake Powell
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Great looking boat, Brett - it's similar in many ways to the 210 I picked up earlier this year. I have the same Volvo engine, and it's been a fantastic experience so far.

I hope you find some friends and support as a Cobalt owner here - I do occasionally try to direct Cobalt owners looking for help to this site, both to help them find answers to specific questions, and to improve the overall online community here (the forum started earlier this year). Thanks again for registering, and sharing your boat with us!

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Man so it took me so long. Welcome from Wisconsin!
I hope that 220 is bringing you plenty of memories. If you could please post new pictures of her they seem to have disappeared. Haven't seen you in Awhile. Hope you come back.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:02 pm Man so it took me so long. Welcome from Wisconsin!
I hope that 220 is bringing you plenty of memories. If you could please post new pictures of her they seem to have disappeared. Haven't seen you in Awhile. Hope you come back.
man you're really digging for post count today, slow day in the shop? :lol:
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

akorcovelos wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:54 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:02 pm Man so it took me so long. Welcome from Wisconsin!
man you're really digging for post count today, slow day in the shop? :lol:
Day off doing nothing. Lol
Taking over for liquid. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!