Opinions on 2004 240

(190 through 360)
Kjkraft84
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Opinions on 2004 240

Post by Kjkraft84 »

Anyone have any opinions on how the hole shot is on these size boats? I haven’t had the opportunity to drive one myself yet and it’s something I thought of today. We are definitely looking to do some skiing and wake boarding with as many as 6-8 people onboard. Will a 240 with a 5.7 or 6.2 get up and go enough? With the Volvo dual prop or bravo 3?
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Kjkraft84 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 pm Anyone have any opinions on how the hole shot is on these size boats? I haven’t had the opportunity to drive one myself yet and it’s something I thought of today. We are definitely looking to do some skiing and wake boarding with as many as 6-8 people onboard. Will a 240 with a 5.7 or 6.2 get up and go enough? With the Volvo dual prop or bravo 3?
I would spend a few grand more and get the 8.1gxi baby :-)

https://loz.craigslist.org/boa/d/2003-c ... 79697.html

Talk to YT AND snatch his up.

The 6.2 will do better of course. I never drove one.Yt can tell you more about the hole shot with the 5.7. Nauti has the 6.2 in there 222. Also Yt can tell you how it will do for water sports. Both dual props are great.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Kjkraft84
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kjkraft84 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 pm
Kjkraft84 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 pm Anyone have any opinions on how the hole shot is on these size boats? I haven’t had the opportunity to drive one myself yet and it’s something I thought of today. We are definitely looking to do some skiing and wake boarding with as many as 6-8 people onboard. Will a 240 with a 5.7 or 6.2 get up and go enough? With the Volvo dual prop or bravo 3?
I would spend a few grand more and get the 8.1gxi baby :-)

https://loz.craigslist.org/boa/d/2003-c ... 79697.html

Talk to YT AND snatch his up.

The 6.2 will do better of course. I never drove one.Yt can tell you more about the hole shot with the 5.7. Nauti has the 6.2 in there 222. Also Yt can tell you how it will do for water sports. Both dual props are great.

Of course the guy whose screen name is big block power would recommend the 8.1 :lol:

Looking over the numbers I found online it looks like the 6.2 mercruiser and 5.7 Volvo have the same horsepower output at 320. Hoping thats true.

I’m talking to YT, waiting for him to get back to me on his opinion here. He’s got a hell of a nice boat.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes if it's a 5.7gxi. Still the 6.2 will out perform it. I really liked the 5.7gxi in the 220 but a 240 is a different bird. Just drop down to a 222 it's in your Price range too :-) the 222 is pretty much a 232. Are you boating on lake Geneva?
Why are you choosing a 240? The 232 is a great boat as well. Is it the head?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Kjkraft84
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kjkraft84 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:43 pm Yes if it's a 5.7gxi. Still the 6.2 will out perform it. I really liked the 5.7gxi in the 220 but a 240 is a different bird. Just drop down to a 222 it's in your Price range too :-) the 222 is pretty much a 232. Are you boating on lake Geneva?
Why are you choosing a 240? The 232 is a great boat as well. Is it the head?
We will hit Lake Geneva and also several of the other lakes around home. The appeal of the 240 is the overall size and definitely the head. The wife and I have four kids so having the head on the boat will save the emergency runs to shore for the kids to use a restroom. Being that we’re already a family of six we want to make sure we’ve got room for anyone else who wants to join us.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sounds great. We always have 10 on our boat. But we boat close to my brothers house on the lake. Plus we go to restaurants on the water plus you have the water so plenty of places to go.lol never a issue for us. I can't remember a time really a #2 stopped us from boating and had to make a emergency stop. I was just trying to think what water around you that is big enough for a 24 ft boat unless you hit Michigan. Lake Winnebago also. Otherwise our 22-23 foot boat works great for water sports. I know Aslan uses a 262 but the wake starts getting big and he boats on Lake Erie. I take it you've had a few boats in your past. Now if I was going to just surf yes then a r5 or 7 would work. That's why we have stayed in the 22ft range. Easy to tow and get around and great for water sports. It's great that a family of six will be boating together. Sounds like a few of us are in the same boat.lol
I got my 13 to yell at me this year on the tube. He thought I was picking on him by turning in his direction all the time. It just happened to be where we were boating the boat made left hand turns.lol can't wait to hear what you end up with. And if you head up our way let myself and bfun know we will show you around.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Kjkraft84
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kjkraft84 »

I’d love to come up north and check out Lake Winnebago. I’ve driven by it several times but never put a boat on it. We used to have an older Supra inboard that we used a lot. Right now I’m boroowing a buddy’s 20’ bayliner, but it’s a bit small for us and I’m not a huge fan of outboards, I like having the swim platform in back. My work schedule allows us to get out on the water during the week, so I’m not that worried about a larger boat on some of the smaller local lakes, we actually rarely boat on the weekends, it’s too busy around us for me to want to deal with all the tourists. Most times there’s fewer than a dozen boats on the water when we’re on the smaller lakes midweek.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yea this might be a big jump from the 20 bayliner and supra. I had a bunch of 20ft boats and even going to 22 was a huge jump. 4footies will be sweet.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

Kjkraft84 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:52 am
We will hit Lake Geneva and also several of the other lakes around home. The appeal of the 240 is the overall size and definitely the head. The wife and I have four kids so having the head on the boat will save the emergency runs to shore for the kids to use a restroom. Being that we’re already a family of six we want to make sure we’ve got room for anyone else who wants to join us.
Hey if I went to Geneva for a week what are my options to store my boat? Prob no room at hotel. I hear slips are $100 / night. Any gated lots people use and keep it on trailer?
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Kjkraft84
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kjkraft84 »

ajcampen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 am
Hey if I went to Geneva for a week what are my options to store my boat? Prob no room at hotel. I hear slips are $100 / night. Any gated lots people use and keep it on trailer?
I would try calling either The Cove or Harbor Shores. Both are right near the city launch and may have room for trailer parking in their lots. Maybe they could offer you a slip with the room if you’re staying a week. I’ve never personally heard of any place to securely store a boat at an independent lot, but then again I live 20 minutes from the launch so I’ve also never looked into it.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ajcampen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 am
I would have no idea I never boated there. Come up here. Lol I personally would contact Tom at Gordy's and see if you can park it at there farm/service and parts dept. Or stay at the Abbey and keep it in the marina. Everything is crazy priced there. Or come up by green lake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!