February 2018 pics

(non-boating; no politics!)
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: February 2018 pics

Post by Driller »

Ytmsn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:35 pm Jeesh ridge I thought our lake was low!
Lake Travis (53 miles long) supplies most the water to residents of the major cities around the Austin area. Short version, if we don't get rain it drops.

Was 82' low year before last - yes Eighty-Two feet. Then it filled up to +15' in a matter of days over the memorial day weekend. Huge rains which nearly wiped out Wimberly, TX. Right now it is about 15' low. We haven't had a lot of rain this fall / winter.

Good thing is my HOA has a plan, and we could still launch from the boat houses with the lake 82' low. Long drive in the cart out to them though.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I guess we take water for granted in there parts. I’ve lived here my whole life, and until I got 9nto boating, I never realized how fortunate we are. Lake Ontario is having issues with too much water.
Obviously Lake Erie is huge, but even the Niagara River dwarfs a lot of lakes..
The river is huge, and ridiculously clean.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

I guess we take fresh water for granted in these parts. I’ve lived here my whole life, and until I got into boating, I never realized how fortunate we are. Lake Ontario is having issues with too much water, and low levels are not an issue on Lake Erie either.
Obviously Lake Erie stretched from Motown to Buffalo, but the upper Niagara River from Buffalo to the Falls dwarfs a lot of lakes..
The river is huge, wide, clean & blue.

For those coming up this summer:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_River
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

2ridgebacks wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 am It's a Corps of Engineers flood control lake. They take 25' off starting in october. Memorial day may be 3' below summer pool or 15' above. You never know. They do a pretty good job managing for recreation. However, they have made it very clear that the lake exists to manage water levels on the Ohio/MS river system.
My daughter and I had a good time stomping around treasure hunting all of the lost possessions. The cove that we are in commonly has 100 boats anchored out there in the summer. When the lake bed dries out, I'll take the whole crew.
What lake? You are in our neck of the woods so I'm curious...
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

A little painted sky tonight over the Snowshoe mountains... I learned 4 years ago to embrace winter and now have a cold weather hobby to keep me busy until it's time to get the boat out! Life is too short... Taking it all in!

Also fun fact... I'm basically in a ski gang... We refer to ourselves as the Ski Bitches.... Official gang logo and everything!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

That's awesome Katie! Love the logo
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

NautiGirl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 pm
2ridgebacks wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 am It's a Corps of Engineers flood control lake. They take 25' off starting in october. Memorial day may be 3' below summer pool or 15' above. You never know. They do a pretty good job managing for recreation. However, they have made it very clear that the lake exists to manage water levels on the Ohio/MS river system.
My daughter and I had a good time stomping around treasure hunting all of the lost possessions. The cove that we are in commonly has 100 boats anchored out there in the summer. When the lake bed dries out, I'll take the whole crew.

Rough River.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

2ridgebacks wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:10 am
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Rough River.
That's what I thought! That's the lake I went to as a kid... Lots of great memories there. Oddly enough the pervious owner of our boat kept it RR... thought that was good karma! You will have to post more summer pics of the lake for me this year...
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

NautiGirl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 pm A little painted sky tonight over the Snowshoe mountains... I learned 4 years ago to embrace winter and now have a cold weather hobby to keep me busy until it's time to get the boat out! Life is too short... Taking it all in!

Also fun fact... I'm basically in a ski gang... We refer to ourselves as the Ski Bitches.... Official gang logo and everything!
For some reason this doesn’t surprise me.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Driller wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:04 am
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 pm A little painted sky tonight over the Snowshoe mountains... I learned 4 years ago to embrace winter and now have a cold weather hobby to keep me busy until it's time to get the boat out! Life is too short... Taking it all in!

For some reason this doesn’t surprise me.
+1
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Nauti, where did you stay on rough? We are in the big cove at Big Island. Start at LAurel Branch and draw a line through the island, that cove.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

2ridgebacks wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 pm Nauti, where did you stay on rough? We are in the big cove at Big Island. Start at LAurel Branch and draw a line through the island, that cove.
My Grandma had a house in Cannon's point neighborhood...but on the water we were right around the corner from Panther Creek. I have lots of memories hanging out at the island ski course and back in Walter creek as a kid...we didn't have much and my parents never had their own boat but I had several aunts and uncles that did and they were the best. I'm trying to carry on the 'Fun Aunt with a Boat" thing for my nieces and nephews.

Are you in Cave Creek or the other cove I marked in the pic?
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

The other cove. We are in the lower left corner. We have always ridden up South Fork and usually didn't throw out a rope until near Cannon's Point. We typically didn't go much past the ski course either. I always thought it was cool that those people had their own boat ramp. That lake has changed tremendously over the last 20 years. Developments everywhere.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

2ridgebacks wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 pm The other cove. We are in the lower left corner. We have always ridden up South Fork and usually didn't throw out a rope until near Cannon's Point. We typically didn't go much past the ski course either. I always thought it was cool that those people had their own boat ramp. That lake has changed tremendously over the last 20 years. Developments everywhere.
Yes I would imagine the lake is pretty busy every weekend, forget holiday weeks. It was busy when I was a kid...
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
KENTUCKY
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

This crap is probably getting old by now, but I did another track day today. Got in-car footage this time too, although the audio and video sync is off... Audio leads video by a couple seconds. Was rocking some new tires this time, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Night and day difference over the Potenza S001 run flats I had last time, these new ones were awesome!

Best lap of the day

Entire last session:

1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4