New to me vehicle.

(non-boating; no politics!)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

New to me vehicle.

Post by Big Block Power »

Ok so I need a new daily driver. I will be driving 70 miles total to and from work each day staying in a week :-)
So I'm looking at a vibe again, Yt's fav a Prius dam that hurry to say that, and found it last night a Audi A3 Quattro. All have to have a hatch back. That's all the wife cars about.
I found a 2009 Audi I'm going to look at tomorrow. 2.0 turbo. I talked to my buddy that works at the Audi dealer he said that engine and awd is bullet proof. I'm not a VW fan at all. But thinking of driving that far and in snow that might be a good choice. It still get 21/28 mpg. Budget $6k
Bring it on :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: New to me vehicle.

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:21 am Ok so I need a new daily driver. I will be driving 70 miles total to and from work each day staying in a week :-)
So I'm looking at a vibe again, Yt's fav a Prius dam that hurry to say that, and found it last night a Audi A3 Quattro. All have to have a hatch back. That's all the wife cars about.
I found a 2009 Audi I'm going to look at tomorrow. 2.0 turbo. I talked to my buddy that works at the Audi dealer he said that engine and awd is bullet proof. I'm not a VW fan at all. But thinking of driving that far and in snow that might be a good choice. It still get 21/28 mpg. Budget $6k
Bring it on :-)
If Audi made a V8 8 pax SUV with fold down flat rear seats....we'd buy it. Audi has kicked butt the last few years in their Consumer reports scores. Usually #1. They really turned things around from some of the reliability issues they had.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Nice that you have someone in the Audi Family.

Audi's "All wheel drive" system has been as praised as like the Subaru system for reliability and Parts availability in the event of failure. (you know how important it is not to have some parts become obsolete.)

Just pull the drive. check the gimble. get a leak down and scann it.. Whooops :lol: ..... Anyway , Thats a great option for what yours needs are. I like them!!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Here's a quick picture and a few others. Well the dealer group I'm in now has 30 different car lines. I know most of the managers and consultants.
Granted this year we have zero snow so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

I've talked to our Porsche mechanic about the cooper's. They see them quite a bit for transmission issues. Make sure you do your research there.

Prius...good God. We will certainly change your username.

My vote is for the Audi grocery getter.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bfun220 »

I'm more a bmw guy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 r5
2003 220
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

The Mini Cooper.. mmmmmmm
you would have to drive it only at night( with sunglasses and a hat)

The Prius
It will keep you spellbound watching the fuel eco guage taking off from a stop ..driving it like a golf cart to save fuel.

I'm just Kidding.. no he isn't.. I see you in Subaru wrx edition.. ( minus the wing) all wheel and faaaast.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Stay away from the Cooper. I sell them all the time at the car auctions. They are a big POS. In time they may get better but they ride like a beet wagon and have lots of issues.

The X5's, X3's and 7 series are the same. I see lots of them come through and there is reliability issues. They are hard to sell to dealers.

The Audi is a good car but not very popular among the used car dealers. Not sure why, but if I found a good one I'd probably get it.

The Prius comes with a lot of baggage. Everyone and their dog will make fun of it, but I drive mine 1,200 miles a week at 80 and 85 and still get 43mpg. In your application BB, for a work car back and forth? Drive sensible and it'll do 53 to 58 mpg. I've gotten as much as 63 in mine, but it kills me to drive that slow.

With the money you save on fuel go out and buy a sports car that will ZOOM to drive on the weekends. All I have ever had done to mine is oil changes and tires in 200,000 miles.

I'm putting a sticker on the back that says
"I'm saving money on fuel to buy more guns"

Flame away
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
ColinC
Captain
Captain

Post by ColinC »

Go with the A3! The auto box should be the DSG dual clutch. Get a mild tune for $600 or so and you'll add roughly 70hp and 90+ ft-lbs of torque.

Friend of mine used to have one and that car is an absolute blast to drive.
2007 Cobalt 212 with 5.7L Volvo gi
Toronto, Canada
ColinC
Captain
Captain

Post by ColinC »

Toronto, Canada
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Happy with my VW. The Cayenne has been a great car. With the diesel she gets about 30 mpg @ 80 mph.

Porsche just upped by warranty to 10 years and 125,000 miles and sent me a check for $10.500

You gotta love it!!!
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

I have a buddy who just bought a 2007 Audi RS4. He loves it. So my vote is for the Audi, even though the one you are looking at is different than the one he bought. I'm spending your money with no consequences. ;)
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

If snow handling and hatchback are must haves I would look at the Subaru crosstrek or Impreza hatchback. I love my Subaru we get plenty of weather here and I haven’t had anything resembling an issue in 2+ years.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Cayenne and Touareg are the same platform, but Touaregs are discontinued for now in the US. The new Atlas adds a row of seating, but isn't something our family needs (we do have a diesel Touareg) and it doesn't quite have the same luxury SUV feel the Touareg does.

If I wanted a cheaper daily driver, maybe an old BMW 3 series AWD diesel? Those 330 diesels could drive all day on a single tank of gas, and had tons of torque when you needed it. Not quite as fun as a hot hatchback, perhaps, but it does have six cylinders :)

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
ColinC
Captain
Captain

Post by ColinC »

Though not an AWD model, here's a nice looking 2011 335D for $9600. Cheapest one on Autotrader.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Code1=335D
Toronto, Canada