Gold Rush Fans

(non-boating; no politics!)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gold Rush Fans

Post by Big Block Power »

Ok I though I would start this for us Gold Rush fans.
I'll wait for Gracie to get home so we can start talking.

I think it's amazing what Parker has done.
Who wants to see him marry the Aussie :-)

Tony well he's a get it done kind of guy.

And Grandpa John he's the legend!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Re: Gold Rush Fans

Post by 2ridgebacks »

I'll play. Not a big fan though. The TV does occasionally stop on the show though.

I think the crews may get part of the take. I'm not sure on that. If that is the case, I'd work for Tony before the others. He's a dick without a doubt. However, he seems like the kind of guy that expects you to know you're job and do it. Mostly that your job is to make him money.
The rest are largely drama queens. Decent enough show for background noise and really goes to show the massive amount of resources it takes to find precious materials.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

My wife says this is Soap Opera for guys....I think she's right.
"As the World turns, these are the Days of Gold Rush"... :lol: :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

I'll summarize every episode...

Dig for gold until a piece of equipment breaks. Fix said piece of equipment. Dig for more gold. Weigh all the gold, complain that you need to find more gold next week.

Predictable, but they keep us coming back next week to see what breaks and how much gold they find! SO SUSPENSEFUL! (Insert all the sarcasm)
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Well now. Let's not be so quick to find fault.

I watch it recorded, and having worked in construction (kinda) most my career I appreciate a well run operation.

Parker runs a very good operation. If you pay attention over the years, he has made significant progress in streaming lining the process. Placing his wash plant between the old cut and new cut and using the old cut for tailings, using conveyors to move the raw material from the new cut to the wash plant etc.

Regardless of his religious affiliation, Todd is an idiot. Doesn't know how to work people or machines. Got lucky one season, blew it all in Venezuela or Brazil or wherever, made some gold another season, now blowing it all again in Oregon or Colorado. Not mention he bet 100 ounces of gold against a kid he has never beat yet. Not a smart decision.

Tony on the other hand runs the cheapest operation. No haul trucks, No conveyors, and very low overhead. One diesel powered generator, and a little dozer fuel is running his whole operation by using the dredge. He's got to be making the most money. Has paid for the first dredge and is making progress moving the second to the gold field. Payed attention to the "old timers" who had to make do cheaply before gold was +$1000 / ounce. This season he is running a conventional wash plant trying to get cash to pay for his new dredge, but once that is over he will go 100% dredge I'm guessing.

But, the thing I like best is that my wife hates the show. When I get all I can stand of Dr. Phil reruns, I go to the DVR and say " You know what time it is......Goooooooooooooold Rush Time". This usually elicits moans and complaints (all good natured of course). Then I commence to give her a running commentary of the show for the next 40 minutes (skipping commercials of course).
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very close driller :-)
Ok I admit I watch it to see how much Todd can screw up. They were making money in the Klondike but hey let's move. Freddy dodge is one of the smartest guys out there. He makes machines and sells it to some of these idiots. Lol plus he has other plots of land that actually has good gold on it.
Tony Beets also owns alot of the Klondike. Plus he has their huge mining business that they run like a normal mine by there office. There gold clean out room is full of gold. He's one rich guy. I like it if your breathing he'll hire you but you better be ready to work.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Did you guys see that Todd has quit the show?
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

2ridgebacks wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:11 pm Did you guys see that Todd has quit the show?
We are waiting for gracie to watch his recorded shows from this last weekend so we don't spoil Todd's big announcement.lmao.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Haha I finally watched the live show to see the Hoffman’s quit. Obviously I saw the spoiler in the chat but when he came out wearing the zum media shirt you knew what he was coming out to say.

Personally I’m kinda sad to see the Hoffman’s go. They are the comedy of the show because like others have said you turn it on each week to see how much the hoffmans can screw up and how much more money Todd can blow on his operation and still get beat by Tony and Parker.

I really do not want to see them bring the Dakota boys back to the show next year. That gold rush white water show is so stupid.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Maybe they will focus on Freddie?
Yea I saw the sweat shirt also along with Hunter wearing one.
I want to go to one of Todd's concerts :-) maybe buy his album and play it at A7 house :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:01 pm Maybe they will focus on Freddie?
Yea I saw the sweat shirt also along with Hunter wearing one.
I want to go to one of Todd's concerts :-) maybe buy his album and play it at A7 house :-)
Ya, I saw Todd is moving into singing and production ventures now.
He scripted a lot of theatrics for Gold Rush. Not a bad gig for a quarter mil a year.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

I could also see a return of dozer Dave if Freddie gets his own operation going again. He worked for him part of a season before Todd talked him into a partnership in their return to the Klondike.
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Dave is a good operator with a lot of common sense. Plus he's good working the hands. You can tell the workers respect him.

Reason he quit Todd's bunch, just couldn't be part of a screw-up any longer. I'd like him to come back to the show.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

tgrace98 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 pm I could also see a return of dozer Dave if Freddie gets his own operation going again. He worked for him part of a season before Todd talked him into a partnership in their return to the Klondike.
I can see Freddie and Dave joining together :-) I'll watch it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

So does Parker make it to 6,000 ounces?

As Jack Hoffman would say no guts no glory!
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake