Vice Admiral

Re: COBALT quality not the same from past years

Post by dustinm »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:31 am
dustinm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:47 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:06 pm

That was from the chainsaw cutting The hole 😂😂
That's just painful to look at 😂😂👌
If there wasnt a huge price increase I would have sold this CS23 and ordered a new one without the side emblems. And with the wife wanting a surfboat also hinders the equation. :?: :?: :?: Either way with the conversations at the Classic Regatta I think we will hold off a couple years to see how it pans out.
CS23
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

dustinm wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:08 am
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:31 am
dustinm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:47 pm
That's just painful to look at 😂😂👌
If there wasnt a huge price increase I would have sold this CS23 and ordered a new one without the side emblems. And with the wife wanting a surfboat also hinders the equation. :?: :?: :?: Either way with the conversations at the Classic Regatta I think we will hold off a couple years to see how it pans out.
You know there is a nice r3 surf for sale on here 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Soonerfan
Captain
Captain

Post by Soonerfan »

The oval side emblems seem to be an issue as I have seen several of them (including mine) fall off. It looks awful but they will replace it. I'm kind of worried after seeing the issues as I have a 22 on order with an expected delivery date of Jan/Feb time frame. I hope they have the issues worked out before mine is built! Good luck with getting the boat in the condition is should be!
2018 R7 Surf (Sold Fall 2021)
2022 R8 Surf Ordered August 2021
micheald
Ensign
Ensign

Post by micheald »

Lockey14s wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:39 am Seems they really have forgotten quality touches from years ago. back when they first started making the 19' bow riders they had a problem with the top side flexing too much and would allow the center windshield to fall through. So in the early 80s they started putting in a steel yoke to stiffen it up and hold it together. maybe they need to re visit this idea

yoke.JPG
I went on a factory tour a few weeks back and I was shown where they are still doing this, at least on the boat we were observing. I believe it was an R6 or R8.
2017 R3 WSS Surf
Volvo 380

2022 R6 Surf
Volvo 380
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain

Post by Lockey14s »

micheald wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:11 pm
Lockey14s wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:39 am Seems they really have forgotten quality touches from years ago. back when they first started making the 19' bow riders they had a problem with the top side flexing too much and would allow the center windshield to fall through. So in the early 80s they started putting in a steel yoke to stiffen it up and hold it together. maybe they need to re visit this idea

yoke.JPG
I went on a factory tour a few weeks back and I was shown where they are still doing this, at least on the boat we were observing. I believe it was an R6 or R8.
well thats a good sign!
1978 19CD "Benny"
katoom450
Commander
Commander

Post by katoom450 »

Update on quality control strait from Darren and Bill at Cobalt corporate.

As you may know I reached out to my local Cobalt dealer where I have an R6 Surf on order. My concern was the quality that we have been seeing on some of the new units. My question to them was concerning the gunwales moving and causing the windshield to be displaced.

Doug with Erwin marine here in Chattanooga spoke with and shared the photos from this thread with Darren from Cobalt at the product show he attended. Darren and Bill called me and answered all my questions and concerns.
I’m short, they were very transparent with the quality issues and told me the things they have done and are doing to continue to build the best boat on the market. Bill and Darren told me that they have even shipped units back to the factory to fix these issues.
Bill called me later later because he is trying put in a change order for me to have a brown Sof-Trac may installed instead of the Grey.

I feel so much more at ease, and feel confident that Cobalt is determined to stop these oversights in production.
1998 190 350 merc (Sold)
1998 252 VP 7.3GXI (Sold)
2020 R5 Surf VP350 (Sold)
2022 R6 Surf VP380