242 Mercruiser Trim Pump Line Routing 2010 Year

(190 through 360)
wss48126
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

242 Mercruiser Trim Pump Line Routing 2010 Year

Post by wss48126 »

Would anyone on the Forum happen to have a picture of the Battery/ Trim pump area line routing in the back of the 242? I have a 2010 and was cleaning up some stuff. The previous owner had a ruptured line and it looks to me that the current installed lines are not routed correctly. They are routed over the Line to the actuator for the Engine cover and the angle next to the battery is too sharp for my comfort. I was hoping someone on the Forum could be kind enough to shoot me a picture of the top side of theirs. Picture can be taken from the area you open to turn the battery on. I know I am probably being picky, but I want to try to prevent something before it happens..... I am thinking these lines and the bends in them need to go the opposite direction. I found the hold down clamps as well when I climbed down and scrubbed out the bilge area and cleaned out the pieces of the broken off hose. It looks like 2 clamps go right at the end of the battery. The screw holes are still visible in my pics, but just wanted to verify it and how this should run from the factory before changing it up. I also plan on cleaning the entire area around the trim pump after I resolve the line routing.
Trim Pump Picture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2010 Cobalt 242- Current
2019 KeyWest 239FS- Sold
2005 Cobalt 220- Sold
1999 Stingray 220LX- Sold
1985 Stingray 185- Sold
1973 Browning-Sold