Broken YouTube links

AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Broken YouTube links

Post by AsLan7 »

EDIT: Note this no longer applies - we now use a different media extension to enable Youtube, which is the little television button in the full post editor that makes the [media] tags to paste your Youtube URL in between.

As JMD mentioned earlier, the recent November 2018 software upgrade for the site changed the way YouTube video links connect. Any youTube vid posted with the entire embed code string (vs just the end characters) may not play properly.

I've randomly updated some of the threads which contain YouTube video posts such as the 18 page "Listening to" thread and the 11 page "Captain's Call" thread (because who doesn't love the sound of Captain's Call! :mrgreen: ) so that the videos will play properly.

If there are other broken YouTube video links that you run across (or one's which you have a passion to view) that are not playing correctly, please PM me or just reply to this thread. Post the thread link and I'll look through it to fix any videos which may not play.

....btw as a refresher, to post a YouTube link with a desire to display the video in the thread (so users won't be redirected to another webpage), just copy the characters at the end of the YouTube video link shown in the address bar. (see below...ie uAE6Il6OTcs )
AND
then paste those characters between the youTube brackets [youtube][/youtube] that pop up when you click the "youtube" radio button on the forum. 8-)

Click Submit
youtube.jpg

OR

if that's too difficult, just copy and paste the entire address from the address bar into the thread and a moderator may fix it for ya' (bbp :lol: )

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Broken YouTube links

Post by Big Block Power »

Thanks A8!!!
Yea my flip phone Doesn't like
The links at all.
Yes I'll let you fix mine as my flip phone can only copy and paste. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 pm Thanks A8!!!
Yea my flip phone Doesn't like
The links at all.
Yes I'll let you fix mine as my flip phone can only copy and paste. Lol
:lol: :lol:
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Note this no longer applies - we now use a different media extension to enable Youtube, which is the little television button in the full post editor that makes the [media] tags to paste your Youtube URL in between.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

jhnmdahl wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:36 pm Note this no longer applies - we now use a different media extension to enable Youtube, which is the little television button in the full post editor that makes the [media] tags to paste your Youtube URL in between.
In the meantime, folks on the site can PM us or post in the forum topic that does not work and we will do our best to edit so that it plays again.

As John mentioned, to post a youtube link after August 01, 2022, just copy and paste the youTube link and insert it between [media][/media] which pops up when you click on the little TV button in the editor.

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)