Lighting Detector - Talos

Marco4Ever
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lighting Detector - Talos

Post by Marco4Ever »

We get a lot of lighting in Florida and it is especially worrisome for obvious reasons. A person (God Rest His Soul) was struck and killed on a beach.

The active storm was 20+ miles away.

Clear Sky and Lighting struck.

I did a lot of research and found Talos, I like it as it is ultra easy to use, can be installed in various locations and is also portable.

3 color display, Green Flashing = 25 miles away, Blue Flashing 16 miles away and Red Flashing 6 miles away. Color changes with Active Storm moves closer/farther from your location. Nice clear warning sound when lighting is detected.

I know 100’s of smart phone applications exist, many chart plotters and other integrated devices and/or competitive devices are available.

Talos in not limited to a single direction detection and is loud enough to hear with the radio playing and your entire party is in the water.

Mine is Zip Tied to my WakeBoard Tower, nothing fancy, I considered using velcro fasteners and just decided to KISS.

Talos has saved my bacon more than a few times with enough warning to get under cover at local pub etc.

Talos Price $139.00, runs of 4 AA batteries

* Note I have zero affiliation with Talos, to me it is a must have for my boat.

Talos Home Page

https://taloslightningdetectors.com/shop/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.