Adding Vessel View to 2012 243

majordeason
Ensign
Ensign

Adding Vessel View to 2012 243

Post by majordeason »

Good morning everyone. I picked up a 2012 Cobalt 243 a few weeks ago and have some big plans for it; one of them being adding vessel view and a simrad chart plotter (going simrad because it works best with kicker radio NMEA programming for radio controls) The boat has the 8.2 mercruiser - 380 hp model. I've probably spent hours researching on this and still have no concrete idea of how-to, or what's needed to make this happen. I really was hoping I could save some money on the install and do it myself.

Anyone on here with any experience on this?

I appreciate everyone's time - Thank you.

MajorD
kbloom72
Commander
Commander

Re: Adding Vessel View to 2012 243

Post by kbloom72 »

I have the Vessel View engine module that I bluetooth my phone to. It's probably the best $200 I've spent on my boat. I've thought about doing the same as your thinking with the actual screen, but I would just use the Mercury screen. I can't imagine it's a very tough install. Another member here did a similar setup but with his Volvo and documented it on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/@NKPGarage/search?query=nema
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
majordeason
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Adding Vessel View to 2012 243

Post by majordeason »

kbloom,

Thanks for the response, I'm not sure the mercury screen can do charting... I will have to investigate, I also think the mercury screen is more money over the basic simrad option that's compatible.

I would do the mobile option, but I would rather put the money towards a chart plotter :)

MajorD