Venting with Mooring Cover

MarkCB220S
Ensign
Ensign

Venting with Mooring Cover

Post by MarkCB220S »

Hello...I have 2019 220S and when moored in slip the cockpit gets super hot. My mooring cover is from Cobalt designed for the boat but only has two small vents at peak. I looked at the venting solutions integrated into the pole using gravity but would like something better to move the air. Ideally solar powered vent with thermostat. I found a few but seem cheap. Any good ideas how to keep it cooler under the mooring cover?
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Re: Venting with Mooring Cover

Post by Lifelongbtr »

I’ve dealt with this a lot, I can say whiter colors obviously help, but do not solve the problem. What I can tell you is my experience is that temps drops very, very fast once the cover is removed. I wouldn’t worry too much on a powered vent. Just watch out touching anything in the first few minutes :). Where I live everything is hot when I get to the boat. Dock, cover, stainless, flooring, etc.

I am shooting for a full cover that covers the tower too, and I think that may help some if you have a tower.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Is the heat from the sun hitting the black cover?
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
MarkCB220S
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MarkCB220S »

I have a tower.....did you happen to find/get a mooring cover that covers tower/entire boat? I think that would be great idea to not only protect entire boat from sun but help with heat.
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

I had this made a couple years ago
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY