New member with 2005 200

tallship2
Ensign
Ensign

New member with 2005 200

Post by tallship2 »

Hi all, just moved with my wife to Tellico Village, TN from San Diego last September. Started my boating career crewing on offshore sailing yachts while owning a Catalina 30. Then when my sailboat racing days were over, I moved up to a Catalina 36. After a while my joints started telling me that crawling around on sailboats wasn't the best idea, so I bought a Silverton 362 with twin Crusaders with V-drives, but my wife was never thrilled with that boat, so we downsized to a 2000 Sea Ray 310 with twin Mercruisers with V-drives. Whoever thought of putting those engines with V-drives in that engine compartment should be shot. Also, no one ever told me that you shouldn't run those engines too long at idle. And how do I know that; both engines, due to a design defect ingested water and hydro-locked. But luckily, the insurance paid for brand new replacements, and figuring that it would be easy to sell the boat with new engines, we did just that. So now we have a small (to me) speedboat with one engine and an outdrive that we tool around Tellico Lake and the Little Tennessee River on, and we love it.
Boat 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NautiWeasel
Captain
Captain

Re: New member with 2005 200

Post by NautiWeasel »

Welcome!
Sounds like this boat should be a breeze to handle with your experience.
Greg,
Nauti Weasel
2014 Cobalt 242 w/380hp Volvo Penta
SOLD: 2007 Rinker Captiva 192 w/200 hp Volvo
SOLD: 2005 Beachcomber Islander 26 pontoon w/90 hp Merc.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey TS2...so glad you found us.

Great to have your wisdom and experience on board here.

Thanks for the pic too.

Welcome aboard mate!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Welcome. Great job of introducing yourself. Enjoy your new toy. I hope you get all the info you need here.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS