New rockford fosgate problems

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
Macarokks
Commander
Commander

Re: New rockford fosgate problems

Post by Macarokks »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 am
Macarokks wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:56 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 pm Bad head unit. I had to have mine replaced. It would just randomly factory reset.

Besides that the quality on my R7 is every bit what it was on my 2002 262. So I’m not sure why you are blaming Malibu
Should be a game on the forums and Facebook group; every time Malibu gets blamed or decline of quality since Malibu’s purchase is mentioned, the posting member owes all members $.50 and and smash the side of their boat with a hammer. I’d be rich and they couldn’t blame Malibu for the damage... lol
I can see how it's Malibu's fault. Since they bought them they made them switch from Sony to RF. See its that easy.

I mean... Cobalt has been using RF Since at least 2015 if not before... but I mean, I can see how Malibu influenced that decision 2 years before the acquisition. 😂
1979 19BR/1976 19CD
Little Dreamer/Lady D
trs23
Commander
Commander

Post by trs23 »

The dealer replaced my head unit and it’s good to go now.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Macarokks wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 am
Macarokks wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Should be a game on the forums and Facebook group; every time Malibu gets blamed or decline of quality since Malibu’s purchase is mentioned, the posting member owes all members $.50 and and smash the side of their boat with a hammer. I’d be rich and they couldn’t blame Malibu for the damage... lol
I can see how it's Malibu's fault. Since they bought them they made them switch from Sony to RF. See its that easy.

I mean... Cobalt has been using RF Since at least 2015 if not before... but I mean, I can see how Malibu influenced that decision 2 years before the acquisition. 😂
Exactly. They have had there fingers in it for some time before that. Darn BU!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
avandeusen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by avandeusen »

Thanks for the thread. Even through it is over 3 years old, it fixed my problem for now. On 2019 R7 audio went crazy. Could not find any loose connections etc. Looked here and found the factory reset. Performed that on my RF and it works great again (after putting all settings back in). How long it will last I don't know, but here's hoping.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

avandeusen wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:14 am Thanks for the thread. Even through it is over 3 years old, it fixed my problem for now. On 2019 R7 audio went crazy. Could not find any loose connections etc. Looked here and found the factory reset. Performed that on my RF and it works great again (after putting all settings back in). How long it will last I don't know, but here's hoping.
Come back again and read some more threads. Lots of useful info here and a lot of helpful people.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 am
avandeusen wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:14 am Thanks for the thread. Even through it is over 3 years old, it fixed my problem for now. On 2019 R7 audio went crazy. Could not find any loose connections etc. Looked here and found the factory reset. Performed that on my RF and it works great again (after putting all settings back in). How long it will last I don't know, but here's hoping.
Come back again and read some more threads. Lots of useful info here and a lot of helpful people.
And some not so helpful 😂😂😜👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Rockford Fosgate also posts firmware updates for many of their head units, usually installable in the field using a USB drive. Updates fix a lot of the lockups and random crashes, but they still seem to have their share of units that just die. Sort of a shame, because the PMX-5CAN and PMX-1R look like one of the best head unit and remote solutions out there for boats right now.

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
IA_SD220S
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IA_SD220S »

Think the reset will help with a dead amp? I’ve got no light on my main speaker amp. No sound, only the sub gets power and makes noise.

Any solutions to get the amp back on?
IA_SD220S
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IA_SD220S »

IA_SD220S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:53 pm Think the reset will help with a dead amp? I’ve got no light on my main speaker amp. No sound, only the sub gets power and makes noise.

Fixed it. Loose power wire. Figured it all out with a voltmeter.

Did a factory reset by mistake. Anyone know if they need to be tweaked?
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

IA_SD220S wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:12 pm
IA_SD220S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:53 pm Think the reset will help with a dead amp? I’ve got no light on my main speaker amp. No sound, only the sub gets power and makes noise.

Fixed it. Loose power wire. Figured it all out with a voltmeter.

Did a factory reset by mistake. Anyone know if they need to be tweaked?
Thx for the update.
You’ll need to get the factory updates from an installer.
They fixed a number of bugs.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)