2022 A29 major issues

(A25, A28, A36, A40)
Rpicolli
Ensign
Ensign

2022 A29 major issues

Post by Rpicolli »

I purchased a brand new 2022 A29 Volvo penta engine and I have nothing but problems last 5 months dealer had to fix it over 10 times and problems still going on.

Took delivery of boat drive it 10 min to slip boat taking on water, dealer tried to fix it 6 diffrent times end up pulling engine to replace y pipe less then 1 hour on boat. Crazy!

The the batteries going dead end up being ground wire issue somewhere in the boat.

Then over heating blown water pump replaced it 4 hours later new water pump sheared off engine again metal housing broke apart. See pictures.
At dealer now again.

Lets not even get into seat issues and hull bubbles, front bow pads keep getting loose 3rd time, it just never ends with this boat and it is only 5 months old.

Colbalt is MIA but my dealer has been excellent they have jump through hoops and even gave me a loaner boat due to all the issues. Colbalt still has not sent the parts after 5 months to fix cosmetic stuff but without a working engine cosmetic stuff is meanless.

I uploaded some photo’s. Have many more and video’s.

Anyone else have :evil: :evil: :evil: problem with new Colbalt boats. This is my 4th Colbalt and i never had any issues with my prior boats.
I feel the brand quality has gone down and there is ZERO customer service from Colbalt

Anyone else having issues with a new Colbalt ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2022 A29 major issues

Post by Krob1114 »

Damn. Sorry to hear about you troubles.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

It's sad to think that those cosmetic issues made it out of the factory. Cobalt has little to do with the engine itself, but it's pretty unusual to have multiple problems like that early on with Volvo engines that aren't caught by Cobalt or the dealer in pre-delivery. Cobalt used to pick dealers based on customer service above numbers, but with that changing too I'm glad your dealer is stepping up to keep things moving
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us Rpicolli.

Sorry to hear about your Cobalt woes.
Blame it on Malibu.

Maybe the saying should be compromise some things. 🥲
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

What were your three prior cobalts? Love hearing people’s stories
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
kbloom72
Commander
Commander

Post by kbloom72 »

I've read about a few horror stories about the A29. If you check out the FaceBook Cobalt Owners Group, you'll see them well documented. It's a shame as it's a beautiful boat, but this model doesn't appear to pass the smell test.
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
Sumgai
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sumgai »

kbloom72 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:02 am I've read about a few horror stories about the A29. If you check out the FaceBook Cobalt Owners Group, you'll see them well documented. It's a shame as it's a beautiful boat, but this model doesn't appear to pass the smell test.
it is not the friday or monday build warranty issues, it's the phone con from the prez of Cobalt telling the unfortunate owner 'no soup for you!' because he simply documented his issues on the Cobalt owners Facebook forum. Takeaway: Remain anonymous until you get all the Oops! fixed by Cobalt on your boat. This facebook post was from 10 months ago, nov 2022;
I have noticed several post recently regarding warranty claims or recalls regarding late model boats. I want to make sure everyone is aware that Cobalt monitors this group. I owned a 2021 A29 with a long list of warranty issues, I won't go into the details here as you can use the search feature as it is all documented in this group, but I believe my posts here certainly affected my outcome with those claims. The president of Cobalt, Jason Turner, told me directly on a phone call "That his hands were tied on what he was willing to do to make it right for me based upon my social media campaign." I no longer own my boat unfortunately so I have nothing to gain or lose but I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention so they are aware. Today's Cobalt is not the same as it was when it was owned by the St. Clair family.[/quote wrote:
'22 Cobalt R4 OB
'98 Sea Ray 230 Signature Select
CobaltDeadHead
Captain
Captain

Post by CobaltDeadHead »

Sumgai wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:50 pm
kbloom72 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:02 am I've read about a few horror stories about the A29. If you check out the FaceBook Cobalt Owners Group, you'll see them well documented. It's a shame as it's a beautiful boat, but this model doesn't appear to pass the smell test.
it is not the friday or monday build warranty issues, it's the phone con from the prez of Cobalt telling the unfortunate owner 'no soup for you!' because he simply documented his issues on the Cobalt owners Facebook forum. Takeaway: Remain anonymous until you get all the Oops! fixed by Cobalt on your boat. This facebook post was from 10 months ago, nov 2022;
I have noticed several post recently regarding warranty claims or recalls regarding late model boats. I want to make sure everyone is aware that Cobalt monitors this group. I owned a 2021 A29 with a long list of warranty issues, I won't go into the details here as you can use the search feature as it is all documented in this group, but I believe my posts here certainly affected my outcome with those claims. The president of Cobalt, Jason Turner, told me directly on a phone call "That his hands were tied on what he was willing to do to make it right for me based upon my social media campaign." I no longer own my boat unfortunately so I have nothing to gain or lose but I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention so they are aware. Today's Cobalt is not the same as it was when it was owned by the St. Clair family.[/quote wrote:
That's horrible if true. Is that even legal? Restricting warranty services because someone complains publicly?
2005 Cobalt 24SX 350Mag
2010 Key West 186 DC - retired
Lake Winnipesaukee
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Table Rockin »

If true that is absolutely discrimination but because that discrimination is not based on a protected class not sure there is any recourse. Pretty s****y business practice however. Really surprised he even said that.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

I have a few unresolved issues with our '21.. nothing like this. I believe our dealer is 3/4 to blame on our boat.

Sorry to hear of these ridiculous issues on an A29 none the less.
CS23