New Boat, New Member!

zrp62
Ensign
Ensign

New Boat, New Member!

Post by zrp62 »

Hey everyone!

After over 20 years with our Chaparral 200 SSE, it was time for a new boat. We looked at Chaparral, Four Winns, and Cobalt. We also wanted to look into Regal, but there were no models to even look at because they sell so fast. After looking at some specific models in person, we were blown away by the Cobalt. It was the most expensive of the three, but if you keep a boat for 20 years, it's worth it. We got a 2023 Cobalt CS22. It is black with a mint green stripe and the Caramel interior. When we saw the caramel, we knew this was the one. It was January and a model they were really trying to get rid of, so we got a great deal. My favorite feature is the interior ambient lighting. Perfect for slow night boat rides around the lake. I also love the upgraded sound system. One option that people said wasn't worth it was the table. It came with it so we didn't have a choice, but ended up loving it. One thing I would change is the engine. We have the Volvo 250, but it seems a little underpowered. Still fine enough to go tubing or water skiing. The cover is also a hassle to get on, but it's getting easier. I don't know how someone who is older would be able to do it by themselves. Sad the summer is over and already counting dow the days until May when we can put it back in the water. Hopefully many more successful summers to come!

-Zach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lifelongbtr
Commander
Commander

Re: New Boat, New Member!

Post by Lifelongbtr »

Cool looking boat, and the upgraded stereo is always nice to have!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Love the green stripe flash!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
kbloom72
Commander
Commander

Post by kbloom72 »

That's a great color combo! That interior looks awesome as well! Congrats on your new boat!
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

I've never seen that color combo before. Looks great!
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ