New Owner 2023 R6

Ashenoca
Ensign
Ensign

New Owner 2023 R6

Post by Ashenoca »

Hello. My family and I journeyed to the local boat show last February just for a fun Saturday afternoon. yada, yada, yada. We ordered an R6 to replace our Harris Pontoon boat. We have three under 11 years old and wanted to introduce water sports to them. Our R6 came mid-June and we couldn't be happier with it. This may not be the correct thread, but I do have a question. We purchased the Cockpit Tonneau cover with the boat. We keep our boat on a covered floating dock due to level changes because of TVA. Is the Mooring Cover a good to purchase as well to keep the boat double protected during the winter?

Don't have many pics of the boat strangely enough, but here are two as it was being delivered from the dealer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cctvdc
Commander
Commander

Re: New Owner 2023 R6

Post by Cctvdc »

When we purchased our boat we purchased both, The morning cover is made of a heavier duty fabric and offers more protection for the boat. We use it when we trailer and if the boat is going to be out for extended periods. The mooring cover takes a little more time to put on than the Tonneau covers cover but recommend it.
Ashenoca
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ashenoca »

Thanks for the input!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us Ashenoca. Great pics too. Thanks for posting those. Beautiful colors.

How is she powered?

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
billk2632
Captain
Captain

Post by billk2632 »

Nice looking boat / classic color combination. I have an R5 that came with the cockpit and bow covers. I bought it used and while it did not have a factory mooring cover, the previous owner had one made with skirts to protect the sides if it was stored outdoors. I am stored indoors, but still put the mooring cover on during the winter as I generally don't use the boat Dec-Mar. My point is, if I were storing outdoors where there is exposure to UV, I would get something similar. Once the dark colors fade from exposure, it is very difficult to get them back and keep them like new.
IMG_0571.JPEG
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
Ashenoca
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ashenoca »

AsLan7,

We went with Volvo 350. Plenty of power for our use.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Roger that buddy. Enjoy those memories!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

I don't know if I'd spend the extra money on a mooring cover since you have a covered slip.
That said, we love our mooring cover, but in an effort to make it last longer, we only use it when we close the boat for the winter.
We use a cheap cover for the summer when we're boating a lot.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS