Finally getting back on the water

MisterMR
Ensign
Ensign

Finally getting back on the water

Post by MisterMR »

My history: learned to sail on a Hobie Cat on Lake Arrowhead back as a teenager in the eighties and caught the bug. Then my parents bought a Sea Ray bowrider back in the nineties and I enjoyed learning powerboating and taking it on SoCal lakes and out along the SoCal coast. Moved to NorCal and joined a sailing club in San Francisco and had the pleasure of spending a couple of years sailing on the Bay.

Then, I stopped. Other priorities in life pushed boating to the side and I've been off the water for 2+ decades. My wife - who I met after my earlier boating days - expressed interest in boating but circumstances were never quite right for such a thing until now.

After spending the last few months researching (thank you to the community here for contributing to that process with your informative posts on the Cobalt contenders), we went to a few dealers to physically touch some of the boats that I had been researching and, after coming home and fretting over the decision overnight, put in our order today for a 2024 R6.

It will live on a trailer (for now) and we plan on using it with friends and family in a wide variety of environments, including numerous different California lakes, the Delta, and the Bay.

Looking forward to the adventures!
2024 R6 (Volvo V8-380CE)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Finally getting back on the water

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us MisterMR. (related to the Broken Wings track?)

Thanks for the intro. Great to see those seeds were planted and now blooming. You're going to make some great memories on her. Be sure to post pics.

What options did you go with or decide to forgo? Engine size? Color?

And welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Congrats, MR - post a picture once you have it home!
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
MisterMR
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MisterMR »

We went with the VP 380 and right now it feels like we didn't forgo much! Given the variety of waterways and uses that we plan, we loaded her up with options like the electric porcelain toilet (wife insisted on that one!), trim tabs, lighting, etc. Went with the non-electric arch and swim step.

Color choice is Graphite Gray side with Cabernet stripe and Frost/Slate interior.
2024 R6 (Volvo V8-380CE)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Nice!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )