anyone have spy shots of the new CS series?

jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: anyone have spy shots of the new CS series?

Post by jhnmdahl »

The thing that bugs me the most as someone with a business background is that there used to be an obvious reason for someone like me to buy or recommend a Cobalt instead of a Regal, Chaparral, or the like. I wonder if someone like Formula or Pursuit will start trying harder to fill the gap Cobalt is leaving in the market?
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
CobaltDeadHead
Captain
Captain

Post by CobaltDeadHead »

Formula certainly could, but it appears they're most interested in selling boats that are 30' and $500k + these days. Their most recent models are 35'+ CC fishing boats; a first for them.

Of course some long time Formula owners probably dislike the fact that they've left the high performance fast boat market.

If they updated their 240 or 270 BR, I think they could definitely take a chunk of the smaller R Series market share.

If I were to buy any brand new boat tomorrow, it would be a Formula 290 or 310 BR. Both would be the perfect bump up for our Cobalt and how we like to enjoy Winnipesaukee.

But for some reason that Powerball win eludes me.
2005 Cobalt 24SX 350Mag
2010 Key West 186 DC - retired
Lake Winnipesaukee
GhostWhisperer
Commander
Commander

Post by GhostWhisperer »

We cove anchor a lot on ours-main use really- and it "looks" like that flip up sun pad will be broken very quickly with the boat rocking on wakes coming through and people leaning on it/grabbing it going fore and aft to the swim deck and crossing boat to boat. Also, the pads meeting in the middle of the walkway on the step inside? I just see EVERYONE tripping on that step over it creates. The new cooler is also tiny. Interesting to see what companies decide to do and where to focus attention. Cobalt is focussed on the large boat market-must be where the money is, but I feel like there's a spot for us in the market who want fit/finish and stylish (none wake boat) lines. At the show it looks like Chris Craft and to a lesser degree Regal are the last to have something to offer. Might be an opportunity for a sleeper bespoke company to come in with a "Lake Hinkley"...
2021 CS22 - Black Hull/White Bootstrap/Red Platform and Logo - Volvo DP 280 V6 - North Georgia Lakes - Boat name: "GHOST"