SeaDek for swim platform- 2010 222. Cost?

IntrepidBoater
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

SeaDek for swim platform- 2010 222. Cost?

Post by IntrepidBoater »

I was thinking about doing SeaDek on the swim platform on my 222, trying to figure out ballpark pricing I should expect to pay?

Any info is appreciated

Thanks
RWM250
Commander
Commander

Re: SeaDek for swim platform- 2010 222. Cost?

Post by RWM250 »

https://www.seadek.com/

Place you info into the request quote area and they'll send a quote for your boat. Expect around $400.

Here's another option.

https://gatorstep.com/boat-flooring-dec ... 20-2006-2/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Cobalt 250, 8.1 GI VP
Smithville, Mo.
RWM250
Commander
Commander

Post by RWM250 »

This is GatorStep. I'm very pleased with the results and how well it has held up. I installed myself. Follow the instructions sent with the product and you can install GatorStep yourself. If you have questions, reach out.
Smithville, Mo.
RWM250
Commander
Commander

Post by RWM250 »

Oh yeah!!! Send pics, we all love boat pics.
Smithville, Mo.
CBO
Commander
Commander

Post by CBO »

Well I can tell you who not to use, Aqua Marine Deck. They are plastered all over facebook. I did their Black Friday deal and it was $379.00 for the swim deck and walk through. Here is my experience,
-The templates they had for the 222 were close but I still had to modify them to fit my boat. Because these pieces inlay into the boat mold it’s important to get them spot on. Unfortunately my are not spot on.
-I had asked for the cobalt logo and was disappointed when they would not do it with the router only lasered.
-I found out after the pieces were delivered that the texture of the material goes port to starboard on the swim step and bow to stern on the walk through pieces. They refuse to make this correct as it would take more material. They never brought this up during the ordering and proofing process.
-As you can see in the picture there a distinct line going through the middle of the large swim deck piece. They agreed to remake this piece but my question to them is why ship it out in the first place. Bad business practices in my eyes.

Overall the experience has not been good as well as ending up with a product we are not happy with. My suggestion is to use someone that will do the entire process from start to finish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Cobalt 222
Rathdrum, ID
IntrepidBoater
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by IntrepidBoater »

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely avoid. I did find someone who would do the whole job, but gets expensive when you factor in labor for templating and logo, additional labor for delivery and install. just trying to see what a reasonable price is to do all of the labor. DIY is way cheaper but its outside of my scope.
CBO
Commander
Commander

Post by CBO »

Update! after responding to an email from Aqua Marine, they went dark. However, several weeks later a box showed up. They sent out a new piece to replace the one with the line going through it and new pieces for the walk through with the texture matching the other pieces. It's great that a company took the time to make things right, but it sure took some patience and finagling. If I were to do it again, I would definitely go with a company that would do the templates at least for us, ours are not very accurate. In the end, it looks decent and should functions well. Figures Crossed
2007 Cobalt 222
Rathdrum, ID