Cost comparison using Gas Consumption

RobL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Cost comparison using Gas Consumption

Post by RobL »

We're passing on the 323, the lack of windlass & bow seating is a big strike and to a lesser degree the soft top has become one. I think we're going to find a 336 to gauge the usability of a cuddy cabin. Apparently, the same hull & ride as the 323 which is very attractive.

re: Naples, too many damn Northerners now bringing big money is pushing out working folks. My cousin finding it difficult to hire people for his company due to rising cost of living, more specifically housing & rental prices.
2014 Cobalt R5 with VP 380hp
2014 Chaparral H2019 previous
1991 Wellcraft 186 Eclipse previous
Home: Tyme N Tyde Marina, Woodbridge, Virginia (Potomac River)
Home away from home: Beech Hill Pond, Maine
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

I wonder how much of the change in Naples will revert once boomers are gone and there aren't Gen X or Millenials or whatever behind them to buy all their real estate and other stuff. Could be interesting times.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by MnLakeBum »

jhnmdahl wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:16 am I wonder how much of the change in Naples will revert once boomers are gone and there aren't Gen X or Millenials or whatever behind them to buy all their real estate and other stuff. Could be interesting times.
Many coastal FL cities such as West Palm Beach and Naples have been expensive for decades and I don’t think that will change anytime soon. The entire US population is definitely aging but states like Florida, Texas, Idaho, and Montana are attracting lots of wealthy people from high income tax states such as NY, IL, NJ, and CA.

Many of my Naples neighbors are in their 60’s and still working but Covid made it possible/easier for many of them, including my wife, to work remotely. Before Covid many of them had to stay near their work offices in their home states. The income tax savings is a big part of that draw but not as big as the warmer weather. About 400,000 people are moving to Florida each year and I’d guess that trend will continue for a while.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
painkiller
Ensign
Ensign

Post by painkiller »

You could try reaching out to other 323 owners for real-world data or look for professional reviews. But without reliable info, it might be hard to get a precise comparison.