Suggestions for Transom Transducer installation location for 2004 Cobalt 282

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
ksage_1234
Ensign
Ensign

Suggestions for Transom Transducer installation location for 2004 Cobalt 282

Post by ksage_1234 »

I just received a Garmin EchoMap UHD2 94sv with a GT56UHD-TM transducer. I'm trying to figure out the best place to mount the transducer on a 2004 Cobalt 282 2xMercruiser 350s.

I was thinking of putting it right here, but worry about the water bubbles/flow messing with (is that even a thing) intake from those intakes (I think they are intakes):
Transducer-location-1.png

The other two options I see are B & C here:
Transducer-location-2.png
Given the transom, they could all have pluses and minuses. Just wanted to hear if anyone had any thoughts or previous experience. I did a bunch of searches but I didn't see my question exactly in the forum.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Suggestions for Transom Transducer installation location for 2004 Cobalt 282

Post by AsLan7 »

So glad you found us ksa…..

We mounted something similar at the deepest point (picture one in your post). The less air bubbles the better. Any aeration can cause false or intermittent readings. You’ll be fine at the deeper point even with those two vertical mounts.

Any other pics of your boat?

And welcome aboard mate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)