1998 Cobalt 220 wiring schematic

Share technical documents and similar resources here
Crbear2
Ensign
Ensign

1998 Cobalt 220 wiring schematic

Post by Crbear2 »

I’m looking for a wiring schematic for the 1998 cobalt 220 that I just bought. Does anyone know where I can find one?
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 1998 Cobalt 220 wiring schematic

Post by jhnmdahl »

Cobalt is usually happy to provide one if you reach out, but I don't know of any that have been posted here yet. Boats that old didn't have basic schematics in the owner's manuals either, so the manual on the Cobalt website isn't likely to help you much.

If you have a specific question, someone here might have experience with that, too. Sorry not to be of more help,

John

PS - if Cobalt does provide one, please feel free to post it to this thread!
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Crbear2
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crbear2 »

I’m trying to troubleshoot a couple of gauges that are not reading (voltmeter and engine temp). Luckily I verified that the alternator is producing good power and the engine temp at idle sits around 140-150 degrees F. It has the VP 7.4Gi with the duo prop. I really want the temp to read before I take it out on the water for a workout. I’m wondering if there is a fuse inline with these gauges.
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Crbear2 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:26 pm I’m trying to troubleshoot a couple of gauges that are not reading (voltmeter and engine temp). Luckily I verified that the alternator is producing good power and the engine temp at idle sits around 140-150 degrees F. It has the VP 7.4Gi with the duo prop. I really want the temp to read before I take it out on the water for a workout. I’m wondering if there is a fuse inline with these gauges.
So glad you found us Crb2...I'm not aware of any fuses in line with these gauges. You can check the circuit breaker panel for any popped breakers. Most likely a sensor or gauge grounding issues. Be sure to check all connections on the back of the gauge.

And welcome aboard mate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)