Cobalt R35

(R3, R5, R7, R30, R35)
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Cobalt R35

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Cobalt has the new lineup on the website. Check out the new R35. Thing of beauty.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Cobalt R35

Post by Big Block Power »

03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

That does look like it fills a gap in their lineup nicely. A little sad to see my 210 disappear while they kept the CS3, especially as there were good reasons we picked the 210 over the 200 or 220. It's also interesting how much of the lineup is now taken up by WSS and WSS Surf versions of boats - does this become a truly distinct line in the future?
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I love the WSS line. If and when I can afford one that's what I'll look at. The reverse drive well not work for us as or water is too shallow. It will be interesting to see how that does. Malibu sold the surf gate tech to chap so it will be interesting. Yea it's hard to believe they would nut Make a 20-21ft boat to get people into the Cobalt line up.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

My marina has a ton of the WSS boats. And there are more and more surfs everyday. They feel that the CS3 will be a winner. I was talking to the dealer and he said that model was starting to move now that they got a couple out on the lake.

It definitely looks like they are making a clear statement towards direction of the brand. They are 100% committed to the lake boat community and clearly not going to commit resources to the open water folks.

Also an aside I noticed all the new R series come with JL speakers I think they're matching up against formula since they have that as an option on their boats.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

The JL speakers seem to be a nice upgrade from Cobalt, although the Rockfords in my boat are good enough it's hard to pull the trigger on replacing something I've already bought.

In other news, I've updated the boat-specific forums to reflect the current product line. It'll be interesting to see where the new 25SC fits in.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)