Upholstery Cleaner

hoghead54
Captain
Captain

Re: Upholstery Cleaner

Post by hoghead54 »

Does anybody use the Hot sauce cleaner/conditioner? What about their hull cleaner?
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

hoghead54 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 am Does anybody use the Hot sauce cleaner/conditioner? What about their hull cleaner?
I think AJ just used it and didn't like it. I use biokleen amazing cleaner and a soft brush then rinse with water and has good luck with it. I have other stuff I'm going to try on the next boat just to see how it does. Starbrite hull cleaner works great. I bought hot sauce conditioner fit this year to try.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

I didn’t love the product
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Soonerfan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:50 pm Amazing information! :lol: I have ordered so much stuff based on the recommendations of others that have gone through trial and error on this site! I'm amazed at all the money I have saved by not having to try the products myself.....Ha!
If we would have realized you have been saving too much money we would try to help you spend more of it! 😁
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Driller wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 pm I use the 303 cleaner and protectant also. Great results.
+1
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:24 am
hoghead54 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 am Does anybody use the Hot sauce cleaner/conditioner? What about their hull cleaner?
I think AJ just used it and didn't like it. I use biokleen amazing cleaner and a soft brush then rinse with water and has good luck with it. I have other stuff I'm going to try on the next boat just to see how it does. Starbrite hull cleaner works great. I bought hot sauce conditioner fit this year to try.
Used Hot Sauce all last year with great results. Lake Travis here in Austin is a limestone lake. Lots of hard water. Wiped it down with Hot Sauce after most outings. No water spots. A couple of other Cobalt owners on the lake asked what I was using, they were impressed.

It's quick as easy. Spray on wipe off. Done. Only down side is the smell. Seems to have a vinegar base with some kind of wax sealers. Some owners have stated they needed to wear gloves, but I have never had any irritation from the Sauce. Leaves a clean lasting shine.

For hardwater lakes I definitely recommend.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Driller wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:33 pm
Used Hot Sauce all last year with great results. Lake Travis here in Austin is a limestone lake. Lots of hard water. Wiped it down with Hot Sauce after most outings. No water spots. A couple of other Cobalt owners on the lake asked what I was using, they were impressed.

It's quick as easy. Spray on wipe off. Done. Only down side is the smell. Seems to have a vinegar base with some kind of wax sealers. Some owners have stated they needed to wear gloves, but I have never had any irritation from the Sauce. Leaves a clean lasting shine.

Sorry I must have taken his question wrong in regards to hot sauce. I was thinking there vinyl cleaner. That's what I think AJ did not like.
I use hot sauce all the time. Love it but the smell is terrible. I wear gloves only because I hate the smell on my hands, I have had no irritation from it. I just bought another gallon for next year. I rarely wash my boat anymore I just use hot sauce after I pull it from the water. I use bio kleen for cleaning the interior. Sorry for any confusion. BB
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

What does hot sauce do or have in it that makes it special for wiping down the hull? I just use 50/50 vinegar and water and it seems to do fine. Am I missing out on something?
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I don't know whats in it that's strongmans dept. It must have some vinegar in it as it smells like it. I tried your mix and it didn't work for me. I know I spray this on and any water spots on the hull come right off. It just works. I've tried a bunch of quick detail sprays and none of them worked like hot sauce has. That's my two cents.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by NautiGirl »

I don't know whats in it either but we did one side with hot sauce and the other with the other cleaner we previously used and asked people which side looked better... The hot sauce side won hands down. And yes there is vinegar in there but it doesn't bother me... I'm not nearly as sensitive as BB and his delicate hands!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
CANDIED RED 2007 222 320hp 6.2L
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

Weird, I've never had an issue getting water spots off with vinegar. Maybe a difference in the mineral content of the water based on region or something? I've wondered before if stuff like hot sauce contains some kind of wax or protectant that my mix doesn't have.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes it's supposed to have a uv protectant in it. But that I would trust it in a place like yours. That's where a sealant will help. Yt and I like the Adams for that protection. Mine doesn't sit and bake in the sun though but I still like it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Last summer I launched at the beginning of the weekend and wet slipped, and would load at the end of the weekend for dry storage, because my lift needs to be replaced. Now with my 262 I'm waiting for a new slip to come available and a new lift. But until that time, in and out every weekend.

Yes... Hot sauce when the boat comes out with a quick spray and wipedown. And it does have some sort of wax in it that a 50/50 mix won't have.

And before it goes in I also give it a quick wipedown with Adams H20 Sealer and gloss. It keeps the boat looking pristine and really helps with keeping the scumline away, or easy to wipe off.

Both products are super easy to use, just spray, wipe and lightly buff. And I realized I hadn't power washed either of my boats. I did my 240 coming out of storage last spring but that's it. My 262 was detailed when I got it.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

Nice, thanks for the info BBP and yt.
hoghead54
Captain
Captain

Post by hoghead54 »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 pm
Driller wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Sorry I must have taken his question wrong in regards to hot sauce. I was thinking there vinyl cleaner. That's what I think AJ did not like.
I use hot sauce all the time. Love it but the smell is terrible. I wear gloves only because I hate the smell on my hands, I have had no irritation from it. I just bought another gallon for next year. I rarely wash my boat anymore I just use hot sauce after I pull it from the water. I use bio kleen for cleaning the interior. Sorry for any confusion. BB
No confusion. My post was a little vague. It was about vinyl and the hull. I know a guy that used the hot sauce on his vinyl that was starting to crack and sprayed it on and left it for a couple of hours then wiped it off and said it softened it up and hasn't had any trouble with cracking since. I'll try hot sauce on the hull when the time comes, like driller we have heavy mineral water here also so i'll need something to help keep the water spots off.