2013 24SD
Volvo Penta 300
"Nautical Nonsense"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Bueller? Bueller?

Post by Ytmsn »

Ha! You may have the only SD in the county but Ill still hang out with you! Besides, this will give us a good opportunity to get sidetracked and hijacked
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

no_rulz25 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm Looks like it's gonna be a pretty lonely forum in here!! :cry:
You’re paving the way NR_25!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I can side track with the best of them too:-)
The good thing is Vans lives in your same state :-)
Where are you in Michigan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

no_rulz25 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm Looks like it's gonna be a pretty lonely forum in here!! :cry:
On the Cobalt Facebook site, I was a little disconcerted with the below 26SD post. Apparently she and Cobalt Boats went back & forth.
Regardless, have you had any electrical or wiring issues with your SD?……

Debbie Lemanski Trotta reviewed Cobalt Boats — 2 star
July 23, 2017 ·
I bought a 26 ft SD I've owned the boat for 18 months it's on its third starter second bilge pump second set of float switches and three batteries .When The Boathouse in Port Charlotte came to repair these things they were in contact with Cobalts Main office. Cobalt said that we did not maintain our boat this is why I was having these problems.The last day that The Boathouse was there to repair the boat they found out the wiring direct from the factory was not correct this was causing the issues on the boat. Now the boat has water damage to the motor from the failed bilge pumps .The main office from Cobalt now disagreed with The Boathouse they said they didn't know what they were talking about. All we have asked is Cobalt to trade us out of the boat and into one with no problems I still have yet to receive any response from owner and CEO William St Clair. We bought this boat brand new and now have a very uneasy feeling about being out on the ocean. I'm not looking for something for nothing I'm just looking for what I paid for

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

I'm always curious about claims like this that don't provide details. Easy to say that it was wired incorrectly...but how? Specifics are very important in cases like this IMO.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

thunder550 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am I'm always curious about claims like this that don't provide details. Easy to say that it was wired incorrectly...but how? Specifics are very important in cases like this IMO.

Totally agree t550.

The rest of the thread talked about Cobalt Boats investigating, and concluded she neglected her boat.
The lady then escalated her complaint to the Attorney General (she says).

I’m not so much interested in one person’s complaint
Just a pattern (if there is one)

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
no_rulz25
Captain
Captain

Post by no_rulz25 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:18 pm I can side track with the best of them too:-)
The good thing is Vans lives in your same state :-)
Where are you in Michigan
I don't live in Michigan anymore. However, I grew up about 15 miles west of Ann Arbor. I left in '93 and really never looked back. I'm a sunshine person!!
2013 24SD
Volvo Penta 300
"Nautical Nonsense"
no_rulz25
Captain
Captain

Post by no_rulz25 »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 am
On the Cobalt Facebook site, I was a little disconcerted with the below 26SD post. Apparently she and Cobalt Boats went back & forth.
Regardless, have you had any electrical or wiring issues with your SD?……

Debbie Lemanski Trotta reviewed Cobalt Boats — 2 star
July 23, 2017 ·
I bought a 26 ft SD I've owned the boat for 18 months it's on its third starter second bilge pump second set of float switches and three batteries .When The Boathouse in Port Charlotte came to repair these things they were in contact with Cobalts Main office. Cobalt said that we did not maintain our boat this is why I was having these problems.The last day that The Boathouse was there to repair the boat they found out the wiring direct from the factory was not correct this was causing the issues on the boat. Now the boat has water damage to the motor from the failed bilge pumps .The main office from Cobalt now disagreed with The Boathouse they said they didn't know what they were talking about. All we have asked is Cobalt to trade us out of the boat and into one with no problems I still have yet to receive any response from owner and CEO William St Clair. We bought this boat brand new and now have a very uneasy feeling about being out on the ocean. I'm not looking for something for nothing I'm just looking for what I paid for

I haven't owned the boat long enough to know of any issues. However, I'm currently without my bilge blower, need to get in the shop to see what's up. It's kind of a pain to lift the engine cover to air it out prior to starting up everytime.
2013 24SD
Volvo Penta 300
"Nautical Nonsense"
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

AsLan7 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 am Totally agree t550.

The rest of the thread talked about Cobalt Boats investigating, and concluded she neglected her boat.
The lady then escalated her complaint to the Attorney General (she says).

I’m not so much interested in one person’s complaint
Just a pattern (if there is one)

Agree 100%

Found the whole thread. Interesting that the neighbor (disinterested 3rd party) was the one who had input on the condition of the boat. Anyway, sorry for dragging this off topic no_rulz!
fb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

Hmmmm. A compliant with the Attorney's General Office!!!! Good luck with that. I'm thinking the Attorney General in Kansas knows which side his bread is buttered.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

The attorney general should side with the consumer if she's right, but I suspect Cobalt (or the dealer) would have taken care of things already if her facts were accurate.

Given that the wiring harnesses are usually pre-made and are not too tricky to install, I suspect it's a component issue on one end or the other that is pretty fixable. The dealer should have walked through everything on the delivery run, and I can't help but think that Cobalt must have some basis for claiming she didn't maintain the boat. In a nutshell, if something is wired wrong and keeps draining the battery, find it and fix it before putting the boat back in the water. If you don't and the boat sinks because the bilge pump doesn't run, I have a hard time blaming Cobalt.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

Right....why is the boat filling up with water in the first place?
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

thunder550 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 pm Right....why is the boat filling up with water in the first place?
They forgot to mention swim platforms installed one. Ouch :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 pm They forgot to mention swim platforms installed one. Ouch :-)

Burn!! Bahahahahaha :lol: :lol: