Trimming

liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Trimming

Post by liquid »

So I've been experimenting with the trim quite a bit the last few days. It's a new boat (to me) and small compared to most Cobalts. It's a 190 with a 5.0 Volvo Penta GL and it is incredibly responsive to small tweaks in the trim. I think because it's only 19 ft this really adds to how aggressively it responds.

I just got it down to what will be it's new home base (for the most part) and had Saturday and Sunday to play around with it. Saturday was windy and chop and yesterday was pretty flat so I got a feel for it in different conditions as well. Aside from saying I'm in love Monday morning has me poking around the internet... and I found this from Cobalt, pretty cool tutorial for those that are novices or never had anyone explain trimming the boat correctly.

http://www.cobaltboats.com/why_cobalt/s ... index.html
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Trimming

Post by liquid »

Also have yet to pull anyone but I am imagine trimming all the way down would provide the best hole shot results - here's pic too.
lakeshot2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Trimming

Post by jhnmdahl »

I've left the trim all the way down when pulling a skier or tuber, in part because the rope is providing significant drag on the rear of the boat well above the water line, pulling the nose up already. It also improves visibility a bit when coming on plane. Thanks for the ideas, and for the link,

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)