So where do you boat?

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So where do you boat?

Post by Big Block Power »

Well I'm lucky here as I have hundreds of miles that connect each other one way or another to boat on. Wish it was crystal clean water but it's not. But it's water so I'm good.

I boat on Lake Butte Des Morts and Lake Winnebago chain here in Oshkosh Wi.90% of the time.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: So where do you boat?

Post by jhnmdahl »

Tons of lakes here in Minnesota as well, but we are maybe five miles from Lake Minnetonka, so do most of our boating there. We enjoyed the St. Croix/Mississippi, and will probably take at least a couple trips to northern Minnesota lakes this year as well.

Minnetonka's the biggest lake on our radar, so the 210 we have seems like a perfect fit for the two of us given that we end up towing it around to check out different places. That, and my wifes really wanted a captain's seat, which rules out the 200, 220, etc..

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

John your wife is the same as mine. She didn't want to sit backwards. Which rules out a tow boat for us. So going to be keeping this for awhile. I'm not a big fan of the flip backrest.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by liquid »

That's interesting. My wife would rather be sitting in the bow getting sun and has zero interest in navigating anywhere. Part of my search was focused on the wraparound seating to eliminate the other Captain's chair. I actually really like the flip seat. The post 2012 220's would be my next target for this purpose.

We boat in the Finger Lakes in Western New York. Canandaiguia is home base but I can also drop in on Ontario as it's 15 minutes from home - Just have to get out of the sludge from the Genesee river.

Rented a place on Keuka in June just to have a full week to explore another lake that's under an hour away. within 2 hours there's Conesus, Cayuga, Seneca, Skenateleas. That's part of the reason i opted for a smaller boat - so I can cut out of work and drop in a number of lakes when the weather and mood suit me.

Sidenote - My father grew up in Neenah. Are you native or transplant?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's too funny. I was born in Appleton but have lived here for over 30 years. We have too many kids fit her to sit in the bow. Believe me she didn't help with any navigating. She just prefers that captains chair and to sit facing forward unless the kids are skiing or tubing. I see her point she just wants to see where we are headed. It just kills my options on a tow boat. But as the kids start going away and come with us less she will sit in the bow a bit more. I normally only have to go 20 minutes to the lake. Yes options to go hours away but I can't see doing that for a day trip.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
mattzkatz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mattzkatz »

Currently going to boat at Brookville Lake (western part of IN) last year boated on Lake Monroe. Have a couple smaller lakes that are within 30-45 min of the house that we'll prolly hit next year if we don't do a slip again.
2000 226
350MAG
bravo 3
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Currently my main boat of use is in somebody else's driveway so we go to one of the smaller lakes around in western CT and cross the sound to Greenport. When I pick mine up it will be wet slipped at Candlewood Lake in Western CT.
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That looks like a really nice lake. Lots of water.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Skiingstrongman
Captain
Captain

Post by Skiingstrongman »

Nice lake, beautiful are that its in. Really nice marina. Good balance for my use. I like the fact that the dealer is right there if I need something.
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

We boat at two places. One is Chautauqua lake.
It's beautiful, with great shorelines, but turns green by the end of July.

Our favorite area is Lake Erie and the Niagara river between Buffalo and Niagara Falls.
Always clean and clear. Unbelievable really...
Lots of places to eat on the Erie Canal spur, and then there is beautiful Canal Side in downtown Buffalo.
We put in about 20 miles south of the city, and it's always a nice ride across the lake to the river.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

We have a place at Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma, one of the most scenic and clear water lakes our state has to offer. Lots of cliffs and bluffs. This is a shot of our "grillzeebo" with the fire and the lake through the trees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by jhnmdahl »

Nice spot! A good post for being our 1,000th!
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Cool! I wanted to add a sunset shot. I have a whole folder of thsee on my laptop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Kleinerson
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kleinerson »

Currently slipped on White Bear Lake in White Bear Lake Lake MN 15 mins north of Saint Paul. We will be trailering to St Croix river at least once this year along with Lake Minnetonka. We will be celebrating Memorial Day and the Fourth of July on Big Sandy Lake in Mcgregor MN.
Dale & Rose J
Commander
Commander

Post by Dale & Rose J »

North Idaho hear has lakes and rivers galore. you cant go very far without running into some form of usable waterways.
Dale