A25 Owners -

(A25, A28, A36, A40)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: A25 Owners -

Post by Big Block Power »

Jmein1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:21 pm That would be great. The wires come out of all the gauges and run to a white plug under the dash. I’m pretty sure that is where my problem is. The wires on both sides of the plug aren’t the same color so unfortunately it’s not dummy proof. I’m pretty excited to get it on the water. From everything I have read it’s a great boat. Thanks again!
Jeff
What do your gauges look like and do you have any pictures of the front and back sides of them?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Jmein1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:21 pm That would be great. The wires come out of all the gauges and run to a white plug under the dash. I’m pretty sure that is where my problem is. The wires on both sides of the plug aren’t the same color so unfortunately it’s not dummy proof. I’m pretty excited to get it on the water. From everything I have read it’s a great boat. Thanks again!
Jeff
Hope you get her solved Jeff.

....and welcome to the CobaltChat forum. So glad you found us. Feel free to start a new introduction thread if you desire. We’d love to see pics of your machine. . Curious how you got into Cobalt boats too.

Welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
mtwbldr
Commander
Commander

Post by mtwbldr »

Jeff feel free to dm me if you need specific photos of wiring
I’m up here the rest of the day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘11 A25
Merc 8.2 mag 380HP
Bravo III
Jmein1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jmein1 »

Dang. Sorry I just logged on and noticed you sent the pic. I really do appreciate your help. I’ll head to the boat in the morning and see if I can make sense of it. I will let you know how it goes!
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

Jmein1 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 pm Dang. Sorry I just logged on and noticed you sent the pic. I really do appreciate your help. I’ll head to the boat in the morning and see if I can make sense of it. I will let you know how it goes!
Any idea what happened? Was done by prior owner?
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
mtwbldr
Commander
Commander

Post by mtwbldr »

Jmein1 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 pm Dang. Sorry I just logged on and noticed you sent the pic. I really do appreciate your help. I’ll head to the boat in the morning and see if I can make sense of it. I will let you know how it goes!
No problem, Ill be back up at the boat possibly wednesday, but for sure over the weekend so can snap any additional photos what you would need. Perhaps send a photo of whats disconnected and I can see what should be connected to that.
‘11 A25
Merc 8.2 mag 380HP
Bravo III
Jmein1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jmein1 »

I went to the boat this morning but had no luck. You have the correct plug. If you could possibly get me pics of both ends of that plug so I can tell what color goes in what slot. I tried to pm you but I don’t think it’s going through. I’m not very good at navigating these forums. If it’s easier for you I can give you my cell or email. I can’t thank you enough for the help!
mtwbldr
Commander
Commander

Post by mtwbldr »

Jmein1 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:25 pm I went to the boat this morning but had no luck. You have the correct plug. If you could possibly get me pics of both ends of that plug so I can tell what color goes in what slot. I tried to pm you but I don’t think it’s going through. I’m not very good at navigating these forums. If it’s easier for you I can give you my cell or email. I can’t thank you enough for the help!
Glad thats what your looking for. Will get you close up detailed shot of that plug when I get back up later this week. Didn't see any pm from you, but if you get it figured out can send me your cell and I can txt photos directly to you.
‘11 A25
Merc 8.2 mag 380HP
Bravo III
nicksA25
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nicksA25 »

We've owned an A25, then an R5, then custom ordered a new 2018 A25. Absolutely love the A25 because of the sexy lines and hydraulic swim platform. While the R5 may be a little better sorted out on some interior features (such as hinges), the A25 feels exclusive. Wouldn't trade it for anything on the water right now.
Nick G

1994 Mariah Shabah Z212 w/ Volvo Penta 5.0L DP
2011 Cobalt A25 w/ Vovlo Penta 380HP DP
2017 Cobalt R5 w/ VP 300 HP DP
2018 Cobalt A25 w/ Volvo Penta 380HP DP EVC (VVT, direct injection, aluminum block, fresh water cooling)
chrisjrockwell
Commander
Commander

Post by chrisjrockwell »

nicksA25 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:32 pm We've owned an A25, then an R5, then custom ordered a new 2018 A25. Absolutely love the A25 because of the sexy lines and hydraulic swim platform. While the R5 may be a little better sorted out on some interior features (such as hinges), the A25 feels exclusive. Wouldn't trade it for anything on the water right now.
She's a beauty Nick! Now, about those Michigan colors... :lol:
"Nessie"
2011 Cobalt A25
Lake Cumberland, KY
Columbus, Ohio
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

chrisjrockwell wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:46 pm
nicksA25 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:32 pm We've owned an A25, then an R5, then custom ordered a new 2018 A25. Absolutely love the A25 because of the sexy lines and hydraulic swim platform. While the R5 may be a little better sorted out on some interior features (such as hinges), the A25 feels exclusive. Wouldn't trade it for anything on the water right now.
She's a beauty Nick! Now, about those Michigan colors... :lol:
That's the Blue Angel color!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
chrisjrockwell
Commander
Commander

Post by chrisjrockwell »

Love the Blue Angels. Great choice Nick! Your new A is really spectacular. Love the tower. Wonder if I could buy that from Cobalt and add it on? I agree the A series are some of the most beautiful boats on the water. You will get many years of memories out of it.
"Nessie"
2011 Cobalt A25
Lake Cumberland, KY
Columbus, Ohio
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ajcampen »

chrisjrockwell wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 am Love the Blue Angels. Great choice Nick! Your new A is really spectacular. Love the tower. Wonder if I could buy that from Cobalt and add it on? I agree the A series are some of the most beautiful boats on the water. You will get many years of memories out of it.
if cobalt wont sell you the official, the oem mfg is Samson (samsonsport.com). they make several versions and look dang good.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Those "flared skirts" near the water line are the bomb. Such a unique and cool look NA25! 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)