Floating pads/mats

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Floating pads/mats

Post by Big Block Power »

Kathy do you work or own this company? Did you buy one? What is the cost. I like the blow up option but it's a bitch to hand pump these things up. I haven't seen a 12v pump for these. Any options on that?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Eric55AMG
Commander
Commander

Post by Eric55AMG »

Big ...
I probably posted this before ... But this is the one I bought to air up the inflatable drop stich I have.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HN93D8M?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

This is the one we have ... And love it.
HO Sports 15' x 5' Play Floating Party PAD Water Mat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064FQ608/re ... BCb1XDGECE
2011 Cobalt 302 W/Twin 8.1 Gi DP
"A Little Chop"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

Thanks Eric. That looks like it will do the job.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:26 am Thanks Eric. That looks like it will do the job.
Coleman makes one too. That’s what I always used to blow up the rafts before we got the stack mat.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:23 pm Kathy do you work or own this company? Did you buy one? What is the cost. I like the blow up option but it's a bitch to hand pump these things up. I haven't seen a 12v pump for these. Any options on that?
I prefer the manual foot pump. It lets me sneak up slowly on the correct psi . Only takes 30 minutes so it’s pretty fast.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by akorcovelos »

I like to blow them up the old fashioned way, that way I get a good buzz going before I even hit the water.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Driller »

I like to have my guest blow them up. Saves on the alcohol bill (or lettuce bill if you're in "one of those" States.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Ytmsn »

Hahaaha! That's funny Driller!

My onboard pump works like a champ to inflate, but has no option to switch the hose or reverse the air flow. The hose is attached with a fitting.

But its chrome and looks cool. Grr....
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
IAFF3586
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IAFF3586 »

thunder550 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:52 pm Looking good A7! Did you get a chance to use it this weekend?

I think we are going to get this 15x5 inflatable one from Costco, they are $100 off right now. When we aren't using it, will deflate and roll up in the ski locker with the other tubes.

https://m.costco.com/Bestway-15'-X-5'-I ... 89501.html

imageService.jpeg
Thunder...overall opinion of this mat? Looked at several different ones and keep coming back to this. Costco has it for $399 which is $125 less than Amazon. Is it fairly easy to inflate/deflate when coving up for a few hours? Being able to deflate it and put it back onboard is a big selling point for me.
1999 206, 5.0 VP Duoprop
Des Moines, Iowa. Saylorville/Red Rock/Coralville Reservoirs
I drive a big red truck and put out fires...
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by thunder550 »

It's been great. It takes 5-10 minutes to inflate, and less to deflate. For inflation, I bought an adapter for our electric air pump that gets it about 90% of the way, then have to use the higher pressure manual pump to top it off. It's a little bit heavy, but doable for one person to roll it up. We store it underneath the rear bench seat. Kids love it, and it gives a comfortable place for adults to hang out close to the water too.

My only complaint is having to unroll it to let it dry when the boat goes back to storage, but that would be necessary no matter what type of mat we used. Overall, very happy with the purchase.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
CD262
Commander
Commander

Post by CD262 »

I bought the HO version of the inflatable mats at last years boat show. After a year of 8-12 year olds abuse, its still like the day that I bought it. You can use a regular 12v pump to air it up to a point where it is more than stable for all of the kids, but if you want it to be adult-level inflated, you need to use the hand pump for the remaining few lbs of pressure.

All of our friends thought we were nuts when we bought it, until they saw how it worked the first weekend we all coved out together. Now 3 out of the 4 of us have them.

As most have said, the best part about this is the ability to store it like a tube. It deflates and folds up extremely quick. We have the 10' version, but there is a 15' version as well.

https://www.amazon.com/HO-Sports-Party- ... B0064FOJN4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 262 8.1Gi
"Typical Situation"
Eric55AMG
Commander
Commander

Post by Eric55AMG »

That's the same one I have ... But in 15'.
Agree, it's excellent quality.
2011 Cobalt 302 W/Twin 8.1 Gi DP
"A Little Chop"
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

thunder550 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:45 pm Got the Sun Deck out today, it's awesome! Super happy with it. Got it to fit under the rear seats, so it's totally hidden away when not in use.

IMG_20180603_135605.jpg
That looks like a fantastic product T550. I ordered one as well since it was only $299 w/ free shipping at Costco ($100 off promo right now). How can you go wrong for that price!. Going to combine it with the aquastack mats this summer for a massive on the water play area. :P

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Kathy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kathy »

CD262 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:13 pm I bought the HO version of the inflatable mats at last years boat show. After a year of 8-12 year olds abuse, its still like the day that I bought it. You can use a regular 12v pump to air it up to a point where it is more than stable for all of the kids, but if you want it to be adult-level inflated, you need to use the hand pump for the remaining few lbs of pressure.

All of our friends thought we were nuts when we bought it, until they saw how it worked the first weekend we all coved out together. Now 3 out of the 4 of us have them.

As most have said, the best part about this is the ability to store it like a tube. It deflates and folds up extremely quick. We have the 10' version, but there is a 15' version as well.

The reason my friends bought the paradise pad inflatable mat over the ho pad was that it was 4" thick vs ho was 3" thick and they wanted a pad that their body could completely lay across the pad without being in the water. They felt the 4" vs 3" would have better buoyancy. www.paradisepad.com
CD262
Commander
Commander

Post by CD262 »

Kathy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:07 pm
CD262 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:13 pm I bought the HO version of the inflatable mats at last years boat show. After a year of 8-12 year olds abuse, its still like the day that I bought it. You can use a regular 12v pump to air it up to a point where it is more than stable for all of the kids, but if you want it to be adult-level inflated, you need to use the hand pump for the remaining few lbs of pressure.

The reason my friends bought the paradise pad inflatable mat over the ho pad was that it was 4" thick vs ho was 3" thick and they wanted a pad that their body could completely lay across the pad without being in the water. They felt the 4" vs 3" would have better buoyancy. www.paradisepad.com
So Kathy, do I get commission as well since I am now apparently part of this sales pitch??? :)
2011 262 8.1Gi
"Typical Situation"