Ok let's get July going. Pictures guys :-) This includes John :-)

Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ok let's get July going. Pictures guys :-) This includes John :-)

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:26 am Great airshow pics BB! Love the wakeboard pic as well. Congrats on getting your son's friend up!

We will quite often pull 12 kids on tubes (6 on the hot dog tube) behind our Cobalt. Just sold the 262 to get the 263 with wake-board arch. Here is a pic w/six tubing behind our 262 Cobalt.

We love summer!
Those are some awesome pictures :-)
Max was watching his brother cut on the knee board so he's working it out. Love this picture. Yesterday was his first time out of the wake and today was his first face plant.:-)
And maxs busy being goofy.:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block

You're my kinda boater brother!

Your pics are fabulous and passing this craft on to your kids is priceless. Gotta love the competition of family members while wake boarding and knee boarding. Gets them to step out of their comfort zone.

Also love all the mods you have done to your boat. Just read the entire thread. And you keep your boat as immaculate as I keep mine. We will need to do some cleanup of our 263 when it arrives but it's in great shape.

Air show pic was Blue Angels team.

Here's a pic of the kids enjoying the lake when we had the 262. Someone called the Coast Guard on us because they thought they were in trouble!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's funny I'm the youngest of 8 kids. None of us grew up with boats but almost all of boys have had boats and have our kids growing up on boats. Funny how things turn around. Yes we love the water. It's hasn't been the best summer for us boating wise as too many uncontrollable things came up, but we have some good boating dates coming up in August. Thanks for the compliments on my boat. We enjoy it. I have a vibration in and looked at the props and the back prop had a good curve to her. So bringing both in to get fixed and balanced. It was really tuff to see. The Hill Marine props are making me mad because they are not taking care of the issue at all. I rather be running those if they worked. Summer will be over before I get that resolved if I ever do. I'm trying to sell them other wise. They are just one pitch too much. They say you don't need to change pitch but this set you sure need too. I'm 400 rpms too low.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Oh man big block.

Your prop story reminds me of my summer from "hell" in 2008. Massive prop strike on rebar and rocks while towing the kids. Had to replace both at about $1,000 a piece.

Fortunately Lake Eire is incredibly high now 9 years later in 2017. Hope you can get the props you need.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ouch mine are not that bad. I missed the damage it's not that noticeable the way it was bent. I didn't hit. They came from a prev boat.long story.lol
I have a buddy that shipped a boat from Iowa to Vegas that he got a referral from a guy that shipped from Iowa to cali. Both big boats. I'll see if he has his contact info.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:31 pm Hey Tuscany. Great to hear from you. ....and congrats on that brand new R7!

I normally keep my boat on the trailer at North East Marina which is right on the border of NY. It is also the closest distance to Long Point Canada where there are white sand protected beaches accessible by boat alone. (small dirt road to the lighthouse as well). Our family all carry passports although we have not been checked yet.

In the bay, we do much of our water sports depending on where the wind is blowing. Eat at Rum Runners or the Sheraton. Couple of other cute restaurants at Perry's Landing.

Many times we will just go to beach 11 (boater's beach) and I'll take kids in and out all day long doing water sports and then returning to beach so no one feels trapped on a boat all day (if that feeling is even possible!) Helps with restrooms, food runs, etc. though.

I love summer boating on Lake Erie. In the winter....well that's another story ;-)
I know exactly where your marina is and on Rt. 5
We were on Lake Erie today, and I can't remember it so rough. We usually put in at Sturgeon Pt, and ride 15 miles into Buffalo. The lake was wicked today..
I'll post some pics tomorrow.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Tuscany wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:31 pm Hey Tuscany. Great to hear from you. ....and congrats on that brand new R7!

I normally keep my boat on the trailer at North East Marina which is right on the border of NY. It is also the closest distance to Long Point Canada where there are white sand protected beaches accessible by boat alone. (small dirt road to the lighthouse as well). Our family all carry passports although we have not been checked yet.

In the bay, we do much of our water sports depending on where the wind is blowing. Eat at Rum Runners or the Sheraton. Couple of other cute restaurants at Perry's Landing.

Many times we will just go to beach 11 (boater's beach) and I'll take kids in and out all day long doing water sports and then returning to beach so no one feels trapped on a boat all day (if that feeling is even possible!) Helps with restrooms, food runs, etc. though.

I love summer boating on Lake Erie. In the winter....well that's another story ;-)
We were on Lake Erie today, and I can't remember it so rough. We usually put in at Sturgeon Pt, and ride 15 miles into Buffalo. The lake was wicked today..
Yes, my family just got back from the Lake (my mother in law lives a block from Lake Erie) and they said it was not a good boating weekend. I was traveling so could not see for myself. We keep our boat at NE marina on a trailer so as to be mobile depending on what the wind is doing. If the Lake is calm with a great weather forecast, we zip on over to Canada.

It the wind is from the southwest, we play on the west side of the bay or on the beaches in the lake. If it's from the North, we do our water sports near the north east side of Presque Isle bay.

Would love to see your r7 personally Tuscany. Hopefully we can get together sometime. Keep those pics coming my friend! 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:17 pm Ouch mine are not that bad. I missed the damage it's not that noticeable the way it was bent. I didn't hit. They came from a prev boat.long story.lol
I have a buddy that shipped a boat from Iowa to Vegas that he got a referral from a guy that shipped from Iowa to cali. Both big boats. I'll see if he has his contact info.
Thanks BigBlock. Let me know as I will be setting up shipping very soon. My summer is running out brutha! 8-)
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is Erie as cold as Michigan?
As soon as I hear from mr.vegas I'll let you know.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Southernboatman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Southernboatman »

Lots of Great pics! Welcome from south AL Aslan! Humidity and rain finally broke a little here this weekend so got some time Sunday. Not much pic wise. Lots of doing nothing! 1 more week off before teachers go back.
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Yes, my family just got back from the Lake (my mother in law lives a block from Lake Erie) and they said it was not a good boating weekend. I was traveling so could not see for myself. We keep our boat at NE marina on a trailer so as to be mobile depending on what the wind is doing. If the Lake is calm with a great weather forecast, we zip on over to Canada.

It the wind is from the southwest, we play on the west side of the bay or on the beaches in the lake. If it's from the North, we do our water sports near the north east side of Presque Isle bay.

Would love to see your r7 personally Tuscany. Hopefully we can get together sometime. Keep those pics coming my friend! 8-)
The Lake is something that will never be figured out. Yesterday was a 10. Absolutely perfect, but our ride back last night to Sturgeon Pt. was something like a scene from Deadliest Catch. More than once, the bow was down to the waterline. Perfect night, and the lake was angry.
Anyway, such a beautiful day in our area..
If you are ever in Fredonia, you can find me easily.
I own a store on the corner of rt. 20 and 60 called... Tuscany Meats..
Stop in and ask for George.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Tuscany wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:44 am
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:41 pm

The Lake is something that will never be figured out. Yesterday was a 10. Absolutely perfect, but our ride back last night to Sturgeon Pt. was something like a scene from Deadliest Catch. More than once, the bow was down to the waterline. Perfect night, and the lake was angry.
Anyway, such a beautiful day in our area..
If you are ever in Fredonia, you can find me easily.
I own a store on the corner of rt. 20 and 60 called... Tuscany Meats & Deli.
Stop in and ask for George.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:13 am Is Erie as cold as Michigan?
As soon as I hear from mr.vegas I'll let you know.
Thanks for your help Big block! I take it the shipping company will just tow it vs loading the entire rig--trailer and all--onto a flat bed? What has been your experience with shipping boats on a trailer?

Oh, in the summer, Lake Erie is in the high 70's to low 80's since the lake is so shallow. However I would not want to Scuba dive it as once you get past the thermocline--BRRRR. It's too bad because it is so clear. Would love to bring up a ships bell from the thousands of ship wrecks. I'm just not into cold water though--even with a dry suit.

I guess the one good effect of those pesky zebra mussels is that they have cleaned the lake up. That and the fact that Tom Ridge was from Erie and he pumped a ton of money into changing it from the filth it was when we were growing up back in the 70's. I still remember syringes on the beach back then. 🤢
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

I will definitely stop by Tuscany!

You hit the nail on the head with the Lake. You certainly have to respect her. It's why we don't have a slip at NE marina. We need to be mobile depending on what conditions are like so as to boat in the protection of the bay or the open water of the lake.

That trifecta of a shallow lake that's really big flowing river from the west which receives weather from the west can sure whip it up in a hurry. We see why it has the most ship wrecks per body of water in the world.

So please post those deadliest catch photos!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm sure it he could tow it. Just ask. All of mine have been trailer towed no issues. Just ask the marina to go through the bearings and inspect the tires. You can have tire issues at any time though.
Ok, Boat Transportation !
His name is : Charlie Taylor
Number : 713-398-0003

Tell him Richard Q from Vegas sent you.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!