Lake LBJ

(AZ, NM, NV, TX, UT)
Mikes220
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lake LBJ

Post by Mikes220 »

We are going to LBJ for a wedding and plan on taking the boat and spending the weekend. (April 27-29). Anyone have suggestions on lodging with a boat slip in Kingsland? I booked a cabin at Antlers Inn only to find out they don’t offer a boat slip. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
222 w/ 5.7 ,white with black sport graphic
rrfisher
Commander
Commander

Re: Lake LBJ

Post by rrfisher »

I'd stay at a condo in Horseshoe bay (the Waters Condos) and take the 10 minute boat ride up to Kingsland for wedding events if it was me. Only folks I know that stay up that way stay at the RV parks. I think your best option if you want to stay up there is to rent a house.

I've heard the lake has change a bit since the floods so I'm ready to get out there and check it out.
2001 206 5.0 Gi
Mikes220
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mikes220 »

Thanks I will check out the Waters Condo. A couple of weeks ago I visited Boat Town, on the lake, and they indicated most of the construction should be completed by mid April. They said lake would be different in that there might be shallo areas that once were deeper. Might be a learning curve. Thanks again for the recommendation.
222 w/ 5.7 ,white with black sport graphic
Jwill
Commander
Commander

Post by Jwill »

Spent the whole day on LBJ, not a ripple. Absolutely gorgeous day! My first tour on the lake since the flood. There are more hazard buoys, but overall it looked really good.
rrfisher
Commander
Commander

Post by rrfisher »

Good to hear, thanks for the update.
2001 206 5.0 Gi