PK Lake Weekend after Labor Day

(AZ, NM, NV, TX, UT)
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

PK Lake Weekend after Labor Day

Post by Motex2011 »

Wife and I had already planned to take our RV to the State Park at PK the weekend after Labor Day and now we have the boat, so we are planning to take it also. If we can't work out getting the RV and boat to PK, it will just be the boat and stay in cabins or something somewhere.

There are lots of Cobalts down there, so we are hoping there are a lot of forum members to meet and visit with. Let me know if anyone is planning to be there and we will try to meet up in Hell's Gate.

We will be in our Red R5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 Marker One M27
300 HP Mercury Verado outboard

Golden Retriever (Bailey), Flat Coated Retriever (Sadie)
TTU
Commander
Commander

Re: PK Lake Weekend after Labor Day

Post by TTU »

I will be there for a guys weekend. If you don't mind 5 guys in their 20's parting, then pull on up.
2018 CS22
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

I know Yt and Matt would Make themselves at home and knock on the door or screen πŸšͺπŸšͺπŸ˜‚
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
TTU
Commander
Commander

Post by TTU »

Big Block Power wrote: ↑Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:38 pm I know Yt and Matt would Make themselves at home and knock on the door or screen πŸšͺπŸšͺπŸ˜‚
The more the merrier. πŸ˜‚
2018 CS22
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

I'll be looking for you guys. I'm not sure how the boss and our friends will feel, so we may just pass by and Smile and Wave.

We moved the boat over to PK yesterday and put it in an enclosed storage unit. That will make it easier going to the lake. Since we were there yesterday, we went out on the lake and it was wonderful. I just estimated the distance on Google Maps and we cruised about 50 miles. The weather was nice since it had cooled down to low 90's (downright cold for Texas) and the humidity was nil. Tied off to a nice couple in a 2006 250 and hung out with them and their friends and their big sweetie Golden Retriever named Koda. Very nice people and great dog.

Cruised around Hell's Gate and talked to a couple on a beautiful 2013 A25. I still love the design of that boat. There was also a newer R5 or R7 in the cove. Overall, it was perfect since people tend to stay home the weekend before and after a holiday for some reason.
2015 Marker One M27

cmattj
Admiral
Admiral

Post by cmattj »

TTU wrote: ↑Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Big Block Power wrote: ↑Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:38 pm I know Yt and Matt would Make themselves at home and knock on the door or screen πŸšͺπŸšͺπŸ˜‚
See! It’s a growing trend to crash private outings, and parties!
I’m sure we can get there. Thanks TTU!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake

#FARCON
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

cmattj wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:06 pm
I have a 3 and a 4 day weekend coming up. We might be able to do this one Matt.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
TTU
Commander
Commander

Post by TTU »

Motex2011 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:04 pm I'll be looking for you guys. I'm not sure how the boss and our friends will feel, so we may just pass by and Smile and Wave.

We moved the boat over to PK yesterday and put it in an enclosed storage unit. That will make it easier going to the lake. Since we were there yesterday, we went out on the lake and it was wonderful. I just estimated the distance on Google Maps and we cruised about 50 miles. The weather was nice since it had cooled down to low 90's (downright cold for Texas) and the humidity was nil. Tied off to a nice couple in a 2006 250 and hung out with them and their friends and their big sweetie Golden Retriever named Koda. Very nice people and great dog.

Cruised around Hell's Gate and talked to a couple on a beautiful 2013 A25. I still love the design of that boat. There was also a newer R5 or R7 in the cove. Overall, it was perfect since people tend to stay home the weekend before and after a holiday for some reason.
I understand completely. I will keep an eye out for you on that Saturday.

Glad to hear y'all were able to get out on the water. I heard it rained all day on Friday.

Where do y'all launch at? If you don't mind me asking.
2018 CS22
TTU
Commander
Commander

Post by TTU »

Big Block Power wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:17 pm

That is quite a way from WI, but there will be plenty cold beverages waiting if you make it down. :lol:
2018 CS22
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TTU wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:34 pm

That is quite a way from WI, but there will be plenty cold beverages waiting if you make it down. :lol:
We've been known to do some crazy road trips on here in the past. No this one won't be happening though. Maybe another time though.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

Come on down! Everyone else is coming to Texas.
2015 Marker One M27

Motex2011
Captain
Captain

Post by Motex2011 »

TTU wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:33 pm
Motex2011 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:04 pm I'll be looking for you guys. I'm not sure how the boss and our friends will feel, so we may just pass by and Smile and Wave.

Glad to hear y'all were able to get out on the water. I heard it rained all day on Friday.

We are on the East side of the lake so we dropped it in at Willow Beach Marina. They charge $5 and it is pretty far north, but it is an easy ramp and I don't mind the cruise to get down to HG and the busy part of the lake.

Plus, it is only a few miles from the storage facility and a gas station where I can top off the premium gas at a lower price.

We are also watching the weather and may head over this Saturday.
2015 Marker One M27

TTU
Commander
Commander

Post by TTU »

Motex2011 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:48 pm
TTU wrote: ↑Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:33 pm

We are on the East side of the lake so we dropped it in at Willow Beach Marina. They charge $5 and it is pretty far north, but it is an easy ramp and I don't mind the cruise to get down to HG and the busy part of the lake.

Plus, it is only a few miles from the storage facility and a gas station where I can top off the premium gas at a lower price.

We are also watching the weather and may head over this Saturday.
Sounds great we will be there this Saturday also.
2018 CS22