Post by dogwspts »

Thoughts on Salt Away flush .
2017 220S 4.5 250 Mercruser Bravo 3
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Salt Away Flush

Post by kas232ca »

Have used it for almost 20 years in our SeaDoo's. Wouldn't think of using them in salt water otherwise. After flushing the engines, I always rinse off the skis and trailer with it as well. The painted steel trailer does have some rust though.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
nakasa
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nakasa »

I was thinking of flushing my engine with an engine flush to treat the inside of the engine. Has anybody used Salt Away, Woody Wax engine Treatment or a similar product? How did it work?

Regards,
Nasaka Smith
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain

Post by Lockey14s »

I havent used it nor have heard of it.... but im interested
1978 19CD "Benny"
billchips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by billchips »

Hello, I live in Florida for 6-7 months each year, and have always flushed my I/O SeaRay using Salt Away. Have not had to replace manifolds over the time I've had that boat which was about 4 years. No other issues with water pump either. Now I have a 2019 Cobalt 25SC with a 300HP Mercury V8 Verado. The outboard makes it a lot easier to flush after each use. I would recommend Salt Away and will continue to use it.
Happy Boating, Bill
Lockey14s
Captain
Captain

Post by Lockey14s »

billchips wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:11 am Hello, I live in Florida for 6-7 months each year, and have always flushed my I/O SeaRay using Salt Away. Have not had to replace manifolds over the time I've had that boat which was about 4 years. No other issues with water pump either. Now I have a 2019 Cobalt 25SC with a 300HP Mercury V8 Verado. The outboard makes it a lot easier to flush after each use. I would recommend Salt Away and will continue to use it.
Happy Boating, Bill
Hey Bill, How did you use your Sea ray? trailer it every time, or leave it in the water?

We boat in salt water but i trailer it. I come home and flush it out every time. just wondering if this is something i should add to my normal routine?
1978 19CD "Benny"
billchips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by billchips »

Hi I used the boat in Florida and had the luxury of a lift to keep out of the water. The lift had a service platform where I could kneel down and put the ear muffs on to the intake on the drive. That was connect to a 5 gallon "wintering jug " sold at West Marine and filled with a mixture of Salt Away. I did it after every run.
Bill
willyswagon
Captain
Captain

Post by willyswagon »

billchips wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:09 am Hi I used the boat in Florida and had the luxury of a lift to keep out of the water. The lift had a service platform where I could kneel down and put the ear muffs on to the intake on the drive. That was connect to a 5 gallon "wintering jug " sold at West Marine and filled with a mixture of Salt Away. I did it after every run.
Bill

Sounds like a great set up. Will the SC also be life stored?
2014 26 SD
6.0L 380 Volvo
"STRAIT SHOTS"
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

willyswagon wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:41 am
billchips wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:09 am Hi I used the boat in Florida and had the luxury of a lift to keep out of the water. The lift had a service platform where I could kneel down and put the ear muffs on to the intake on the drive. That was connect to a 5 gallon "wintering jug " sold at West Marine and filled with a mixture of Salt Away. I did it after every run.
Bill

Sounds like a great set up. Will the SC also be life stored?
It might be stored on dry land for life if they can't fix his binimi.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
TechieTechie
Commander
Commander

Post by TechieTechie »

Salt away will at least help slow down the internal breakdowns due to salt.

My fishing forum gurus (most of whom are in FL) swear by Woody Wax. It's on my list for next year. Gotta try to keep the old boat in good shape :)