Front Bow Seats

(R3, R5, R7, R30, R35)
NewR3Owner
Ensign
Ensign

Front Bow Seats

Post by NewR3Owner »

We just took delivery of a new 2015 R3 (1.5 hours on the engine). Didn't notice at the dealer that the brackets holding the hydraulic cylinder under both port and starboard bow seats had ripped out of the wood they were screwed into beneath the seats, and the cylinders were dangling into the storage holds. The dealer says there is a kit to fix this, and is very cooperative about taking the seats back in for repairs. I was kind of surprised to see this kind of problem with a Cobalt, which is known for high quality. Anyone else experience this problem, and, if so, does the fix work? Thanks.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Front Bow Seats

Post by jhnmdahl »

Do you know when the boat was made? I would think that any know "fix" would be included in new boats, but perhaps it's a recently-derived fix and your boat was made a while ago. I'd certainly give them a shot at fixing it before getting too excited, and keep in mind that part of that should be on your dealer for not going through the boat and noticing before delivery. Please let us know how it all turns out,

John
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Front Bow Seats

Post by Big Block Power »

I think it's starboard not wood it attached to. They must know of the issue to have said that. Too bad they didn't fix it first. Too bad the dealer didn't go through it first like John said. It will get fixed right so I wouldn't worry about that. Cars get bulletins all the time on how to repair issues. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Get it fixed and enjoy the boat and post pictures we like pictures.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!