LOTO Trip

(AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, MS, SC, TN)
Crazee Frazees
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

LOTO Trip

Post by Crazee Frazees »

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Lake of the Osarks probably at the end of August, probably over shootout weekend. We are going to book a VRBO with access to a dock and are looking for advice on where to stay. We are coming from Ohio and want to be near some partying and bars; even though we are old, we are not fuddy duddys and can probably drink most of the youngins under the table. So not afraid of crazy places. With that said, we aren't idiots either, and won't get wasted and then boat home. I am not familiar with this lake at all, so any guidance would be super helpful.

Oh, and all our boating friends are being losers, so it will just be us! ha! Thanks in advance.
2022 R8
2016 R5
"Carpe Solem"

Dayton, OH
Norris Lake TN
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: LOTO Trip

Post by akorcovelos »

Isn’t the shootout cancelled? We were going this year too but COVID took a dump on that, and all our other trips this year.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Crazee Frazees
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazee Frazees »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:06 pm Isn’t the shootout cancelled? We were going this year too but COVID took a dump on that, and all our other trips this year.
We weren't really going for the shootout so not sure if it's canceled or not.
2022 R8
2016 R5
"Carpe Solem"

Dayton, OH
Norris Lake TN
Holy Smokes
Captain
Captain

Post by Holy Smokes »

Last I heard the Shootout is still a GO. https://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/

If you want to attend the shootout, I'd suggest staying somewhere up past the 36MM or so. Below the Shootout (~34MM), there's a HUGE no wake requirement once the event lets out. Over 10miles of idle speed only! If you don't care to watch it, you can stay below the 21MM and have lots of bars & restaurants to check out.

https://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/wp- ... ut-Map.pdf

We're at the 41MM and there's plenty of spots to hit and be IN the action, not as many as around the lower MM's but enough for us.
2005 Cobalt 360, 496Mag HO's with Bravo 3X drives

LOTO - Lake of the Ozarks
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by tgrace98 »

With an R5 I would highly suggest staying above the 36mm. There is a crazy amount of 40+ ft cruisers on LOTO and most of them just plow and never plane out. I took my old 27ft Baja to the shootout and stayed on the niangua arm. The little bit I was in the main channel I was taking water over the bow.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake