Docktail Bar?

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
ccoulson
Ensign
Ensign

Docktail Bar?

Post by ccoulson »

Hi! New to the group and taking delivery of my first Cobalt (2021 CS23) in the Spring.

I received a Docktail Bar for Christmas. The basic Bar is designed to install into a rod holder, which obviously the CS23 does not have. (I’ve been following the thread where another user has been eviscerated for suggesting using a Cobalt for fishing’s!). Wondering if any CS23 users have a Docktail and how/where they mounted it? Thanks!

https://docktailbar.com/
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Docktail Bar?

Post by AsLan7 »

Hey cc. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

I’m not sure eviscerated is the right word. Maybe more like puzzling as you don’t see fishing and Cobalts in the same sentence very often. (Plus fish guts can make a mess of the upholstery). It’s just a different market that’s all. But hey, to each his own. Hopefully your docktail bar can be incorporated into the rod holder party platform. As they say necessity is the mother of invention.

Any pics of your Cobalt?

Again welcome aboard mate!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

ccoulson wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:16 pm Hi! New to the group and taking delivery of my first Cobalt (2021 CS23) in the Spring.

I received a Docktail Bar for Christmas. The basic Bar is designed to install into a rod holder, which obviously the CS23 does not have. (I’ve been following the thread where another user has been eviscerated for suggesting using a Cobalt for fishing’s!). Wondering if any CS23 users have a Docktail and how/where they mounted it? Thanks!

I have not seen one of those before. I would try to place it above the cooler.

I am willing to bet people want to know more about your new CS23. Do you have the list of options?
CS23
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain

Post by Norris_Boating »

That is pretty cool.
Did you get a tower on the CS23?
You could mount a rod holder to that then mount this to the rod holder.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

dustinm wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:01 am
ccoulson wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:16 pm Hi! New to the group and taking delivery of my first Cobalt (2021 CS23) in the Spring.

I have not seen one of those before. I would try to place it above the cooler.

I am willing to bet people want to know more about your new CS23. Do you have the list of options?
No I want to know more about mounting this rod holder! 🤔😔😁😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ccoulson
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ccoulson »

Thanks all! I like Norris_Boating's suggestion of attaching a rod holder to the tower. Better than drilling a hole for a rod holder. Docktail Bar also offers an adapter to use with a cockpit table, but I didn't opt for that option (yet).

No actual pics yet as I don't take delivery until the late Spring. But, I ordered a 2021 CS23 in Classic Pacific Blue w/ Shale and white accents. Tahoe grey interior with seagrass carpet. Volvo V8 300 HP Duo Prop.
dustinm
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by dustinm »

New CS23s are coming out of the woodwork
CS23