Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What are you listening to.....

Post by Krob1114 »

Alaskabound wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:57 pm Hey Driller, enjoyed your tribute to John Prine. Living in Ky. And growing up in a coal town, “Muhlenberg County” has always been one of my favorite songs. He was a neat guy and had a simple way of saying things. Thanks

Dub
One of my all time favorite lines in a song,
"There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes"

As I typed that, I thought about the water being displaced by my boat and where my money goes.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:54 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:48 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:38 pm Wow I didn't hear about that. So sad. I saw him live. Great great guitar player. His hand was bleeding he played so hard and just kept on going!
Yes I was in awe of eruption the first time I ever saw it live. I’m still in awe.
I was really never a huge fan till I saw him play. He changed my mind forever. I truly think he was the best. Incredible talent. No one played like he did. His fingers were magic. If you ever get to watch interviews with him do so. I learned so much. Sad day for Rock and Roll.
I missed it too. I saw Van Halen when they still had David Lee Roth. Very tight, high energy, entertaining concert.
On a side note, the girl I was dating had a gynocology, ginocology, damn....a female doctor appointment that day. While she was in the waiting room, in walks Valery Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen and they sit right next to her. See really enjoyed talking to them, and it made the concert even more enjoyable for her.
Home in Hernando, MS
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

AsLan7 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Yes I was in awe of eruption the first time I ever saw it live. I’m still in awe.
I was really never a huge fan till I saw him play. He changed my mind forever. I truly think he was the best. Incredible talent. No one played like he did. His fingers were magic. If you ever get to watch interviews with him do so. I learned so much. Sad day for Rock and Roll.
Roger that. I’ve seen a few. Jimmy Hendrix Jimmy Page and Eddie all were supernatural on the guitar. :shock: (with Page now remaining)

Agreed. Saw Zepplin twice, Van Halen, but missed Hendrix. Before buying a boat, spent a lot of disposable income on tickets, both concerts and sports. Seeing Page play with a violin bow was awesome.
Home in Hernando, MS
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Currently, I’m listening to AC/DC’s new album.
A few years ago, I took my son and daughters boyfriend to Boston to see the hometown teams. Sabres vs. Bruins on Saturday , and the Bills/Patriots on Sunday.
We found out that AC/DC was in town, so after the Bills game, we headed from Foxboro back to Boston to scalp some tickets.
My son’s first real concert.

It was so good, I bought 10 more tickets to take some employees to see them in Cleveland a month later.
I don’t know how long this Covid virus will be with us, but when concerts resume, this one is a must.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Tuscany »

Krob1114 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 am

I missed it too. I saw Van Halen when they still had David Lee Roth. Very tight, high energy, entertaining concert.
On a side note, the girl I was dating had a gynocology, ginocology, damn....a female doctor appointment that day. While she was in the waiting room, in walks Valery Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen and they sit right next to her. See really enjoyed talking to them, and it made the concert even more enjoyable for her.
LOL, so we’re in Manhattan eating at an Italian restaurant. After dinner my daughter, son and I run to the restroom which was downstairs. My daughter and this guy kind of hit head on while rounding a corner. He grabbed my daughter from falling and in a raspy voice asked her if she was ok..
I asked my daughter if she recognized that guy, she said no, but he looks like Barry Manilow...

It was Rod Stewart.🤣🤣🤣
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Great story T. :lol: :lol:
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Big Block Power »

AsLan7 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:51 pm .
Great story T. :lol: :lol:
X2👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Krob1114 »

Rod Stewart is probably next on my wife's bucket list.
In the last 3-4 years, she's seen Billy Joel locally at Fed Ex Forum, been to Nashville for Neil Diamond, and went to a Botanical Gardens concert of Lionel Richie. Each concert she paid premium pricing, and I was glad she had friends that wanted to go as I wouldn't pay $250 to see them. Rod and maybe Willie Nelson are probably next. We would have gone to New Orleans to see U2, but by the time she heard about it, all good seats were gone.
Home in Hernando, MS
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

I think the one silver lining for many folks post-Covid is the ability to work from home--vs the daily grind of commuting everyday.

Pre-Covid, Chris Rea dedicated a song to all the daily commuters out there. He actually composed this while stuck on the M25 in traffic as folks, caught up in the rat race, traveled daily from their homes into the city--thus the Title.

This sounds amazing on a nice system. Most know part 2 which starts at the 2:50 time segment but the entire song IMHO is fantastic. As I always say....enjoy it powerfully, accurately and loudly. 8-)

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Boy I bet that sounds great on a nice system! Never heard of it before. I'll have to play it in the boat when it gets above freezing the garage. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Lee St.Clair
Commander
Commander

Post by Lee St.Clair »

I used to love old western classical music. I love Classical music from all the greats of yesteryear. I play several instruments including guitar, keyboard, accordian, and harmonica. But these day I have to give it all up. I went deaf a few years ago and after fighting that, I finally got a Cochlier implant a couple of years ago. I can hear most things and noises. I just can't identify them until I train my brain to realize what the sound is. So I can't hear music anymore as I can't tell one note from another. I can only use a Captel telephone. What I can here is amazing. I can hear my cat meow at me. I always thought he was mute. I hear birds which I have never heard before. I can communicate OK with most folks as long as there aren't other noises in the area. Also I am a master when it comes to lip reading. Things could be worse.
1996 Cobalt 190
5 litre Volvo/ Penta
UW blue lights
Ford 302 engine
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks A7 I did a little garage boating today to that song. Crystal clean. Sweet!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Lee St.Clair
Commander
Commander

Post by Lee St.Clair »

Old school here...in fact real old school. Old western music or classical only.
1996 Cobalt 190
5 litre Volvo/ Penta
UW blue lights
Ford 302 engine
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by AsLan7 »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:04 pm Thanks A7 I did a little garage boating today to that song. Crystal clean. Sweet!
Sure thing my friend. Happy to help pass the time as we approach spring. Just over a month now 'til she comes out of storage. (the boat that is) :D

2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)