Sunpad vinyl replacement.

kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Sunpad vinyl replacement.

Post by kas232ca »

Pulled off the sun pad and the rear flip-up cushion yesterday and took it to the upholstery shop due to cracks in the vinyl back there. They said they cannot get the textured vinyl but can get it close. It will be much whiter though :(

While there I asked what the green/yellow stains I am seeing in a few places are. The owner said it is from using Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce. She said it contains alcohol which reacts to the vinyl. They only recommend Maguiers Leather/Vinyl cleaner since there is no alcohol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 Cobalt 232 8.1 420hp.
Lake Havasu, AZ
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Sunpad vinyl replacement.

Post by Big Block Power »

I used bio kleen as well and had the same effect. Just a FYI. Who knows? Glad they said something though.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

The upholstery shop owner said if I keep using Vinyl Sauce, I'll be back in to have the rest of the upholstery replaced at some point.

In December the boat will be going to the gel coat shop for some minor gel repair and to have a prior poor repair fixed properly while they are at it.
Lake Havasu, AZ
fischelr01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by fischelr01 »

How did you unhinge the pad itself? The way it's designed I can see the whole thing sliding right off to the ground. Was 2 guys enough?
2008 252 8.1 Gi
Lake Lanier, GA
kas232ca
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by kas232ca »

My son, future daughter-in-law and my wife removed it. I somehow got out of that project. I believe the only issue they had was the screws close to the hinges in the rear. It is a 2-3 person job.

It looks good, although as I was warned, the new vinyl is much brighter.

The upholster did say unlike most boats, ours have a plastic structure rather than plywood.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lake Havasu, AZ
Mike in SC
Captain
Captain

Post by Mike in SC »

I went through the same thing last season. The texture wasn't an exact match, neither was the piping, but the job was nicely done and I was pleased with the work. I'm following this guy on youtube named Drake, he details boats. I use a little purple power diluted to the proper concentration and gently scrub with a soft brush or magic eraser. Then wipe clean and treat with 303. Seems to be doing a good job.
Mike in SC
Lake Murray, SC
2003 Cobalt 220
350 Mag MPI/Merc Bravo 3